Visions of a Dead Girl | Teen Ink

Visions of a Dead Girl

September 22, 2009
By OMGitsCHARLAY GOLD, Canton, New York
OMGitsCHARLAY GOLD, Canton, New York
12 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No one told me there were penguins in these cookies!!!!" ~ Me, Sophomore Year.


Everyone has a story, mine just seems to be more depressing than most, and it’s far away from starting with “Once Upon A Time”. Though, it does start a little like this.

His name was Cady, yes, strange name for a boy, but It was the last thing that mattered to me. We met through his older sister, and became instant friends, though these instant friendships usually turn out to be more than just friendships. He was the strong silent type, usually sitting in the background or just randomly cracking weird jokes when Jenna and I were bored or upset. We never really talked at first, until a week before our school’s homecoming dance. It was a big thing, and nobody could wait for it. There would be dancing, dresses, and dates, three things I actually hated. In all of my high school, and middle school, careers, I had never had a date to a school dance, until Cady. Jenna had gone down town to finally pick up our food, and Cady just sat next to me like he always did. We sat in silence for a long time, listening to the opening music of our DVD over and over again while we waited for Jenna. That’s when he just blurted it out. “Will you go to homecoming with me?” I, of course, was in complete shock. All I could do was nod, and the next thing I know, I was falling asleep in his arms as we awaited Jenna’s arrival back.

The months after were just as good, Cady and I were going strong, even though we weren’t officially going at all. He had just gotten out of a bad relationship, and he wanted to make sure he was ready for another one before we became serious at all. I didn’t mind, I was glad he was taking the time to think about it, instead of just jumping into things and breaking my heart afterwards. Of course, when you’re in a relationship like that, things can get rocky. I befriended the new girl in school, because no one else would, and she repaid me by asking him out, and to prom, even though that was miles away. I was distraught, heartbroken, and morally crushed. I couldn’t talk for days, I felt horrible ignoring calls and IM’s, but I just couldn’t deal with the world. I should have been careful though, because just as my doctor predicted, my treatment failed, and I wound up back in the hospital before I could tell anyone what was wrong with me.

I had been diagnosed with Leukemia when I was nine, and they had kept it at bay until then. Everything that had happened just sparked it back up, and they had to take me in for private care. Still, no one knew what was wrong, why I was frequently away from school, except for the nurse at my school. She was the only person I could think of calling. “I need you to stop by the hospital, room 114, I have something you need to deliver for me.” She came as she was called, taking the folded up letter back to the school with her. Cady was probably shocked when he read it, scared, and confused. He probably wondered why I told him not to tell anyone.

Cady,
I’m writing to you because you deserve to know what’s wrong with me. I have Leukemia, and it’s getting worse. I’m sorry for ruining what we had.






I love you.

The following morning I saw the article in the paper. Seventeen year old Cady Hampson was found in his attic hanging from an old rope coil. It broke me, completely and utterly. I refused to take treatments any more, I told them if God was going to let me die, then I’d die freely, so I could be with Cady again.

That night I saw him, and he kissed me for the first time.


The author's comments:
This was just a little story I wrote up in class, and thought you guys might like it! it's a little weird, so don't be afraid to comment and ask questions!

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 46 comments.


on Apr. 15 2015 at 10:37 am
LittleRedDeliriousPrince SILVER, Parma Heights, Ohio
7 articles 0 photos 100 comments
I love it!

on Dec. 3 2011 at 3:50 pm
NKsunshine BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 75 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't need easy, I just need possible!" ~Bethany Hamilton

This is orginal, heartbreaking, and lovely...

 

the three ingredients for perfection<3


on Nov. 27 2011 at 12:58 am
RaveFire PLATINUM, Vancouver, Washington
32 articles 1 photo 217 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes You Have To Give Up Your Life To Save It." ~some book that i don't remember the name of

"Live Life Like There's No Yesterday" ~ random billboard

"If No One Can Hurt You, Then Nobody Loves You" ` ~ Kerli?

i think i just heard my heart snap.....

on Jun. 20 2010 at 5:41 pm
sparkofheart GOLD, Plymouth, Minnesota
16 articles 2 photos 253 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Always" - Severus Snape

ohhh my goshhhhhh! :'( that was soo beautiful and sad! you are an amazing writer...maybe you should think about making this short story into a novel??? id definitely go out and buy it if it was published! :) great job!

JustDance said...
on Jun. 20 2010 at 12:12 pm
this is so sad, sweet, and wonderful! u r such an amazing writer! keep writing!

on Jun. 19 2010 at 8:35 pm
OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania
48 articles 0 photos 1752 comments

Favorite Quote:
Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This is so sweet and sad, it was incredible.  Awesome job.  Keep writing!

Btw, anyone who sees this, will you check out and comment on my work?


HelloLove said...
on May. 29 2010 at 5:31 pm
HelloLove, Dexter, Michigan
0 articles 0 photos 68 comments

Favorite Quote:
Twinkle, twinkle, little bat! How I wonder what you're at.
-Hatter
Tut, tut, child! Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it.
-Dutchess

Beautiful. :) I loved this :)

Mspi18 BRONZE said...
on May. 4 2010 at 10:32 am
Mspi18 BRONZE, Lawrence, New York
1 article 5 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Amazing hook to get the reader in. i loved the ending it was a little presdictable in somne sort of way but still amazing. great work!

on Apr. 13 2010 at 4:41 pm
JayeMizzles GOLD, Paris, Other
12 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.- Oscar Wilde

this story was rly well written and the story was great 2... this isnt ur fault but i have heard the lukheimia before, in fact ive used it in one of my stories 2 and its rly frequent, so maybe u could change it into a disease that no one would think of. you know, u have to do sum resaerch on a topic before you can write about it in a stpry :)

second, like i said, the writing was rly good, but i think there should be more words that willl bring the reader in. dont get me wrong, the first part about the once apon a time thing works rly rly well and thats what made me wanna read it all, but you should some grabbing words to grab the reader intot he story. 

:) srry for the harshness, i honestly like ur story *thumbs up*


on Apr. 3 2010 at 2:57 pm
ClockworkLightbulb SILVER, Nottingham, Other
8 articles 5 photos 36 comments
This is really sweet, sad and creative. Well done.(:

Meli138 said...
on Mar. 13 2010 at 12:06 am
Meli138, GP, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 56 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Like a bird with broken wings its not how high he flies but the song he sings"
"Everybody live like its the last day you will ever see tell me tell me do you feel the pressure now?"

WOW. This is great! I literally gasped when he hanged himself! you know a story is good when you physically react! Great job! :)

JazzRox said...
on Mar. 12 2010 at 10:08 pm
Omg that story was so amazing and it made me tear up like almost crying. Wow

on Mar. 12 2010 at 9:11 pm
whatshername GOLD, Carlsbad, California
14 articles 1 photo 112 comments
thsi is amazing! You should make it into a longer story!

E.Lee GOLD said...
on Feb. 17 2010 at 9:59 am
E.Lee GOLD, Akron, Ohio
15 articles 0 photos 168 comments
that was actually really good:) and completely unexpected. but good job!

on Jan. 24 2010 at 10:55 pm
weirdonpurpose SILVER, Georgetown, Texas
6 articles 12 photos 55 comments

Favorite Quote:
art is happening

woah... this is so weird... Cady is my name... O_o

Ali.B GOLD said...
on Jan. 22 2010 at 6:05 pm
Ali.B GOLD, Lexington, North Carolina
10 articles 0 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
I write whatever flows from my fingers- AJY

Okay...WOW! This is so good! I like how they always love each other even after death. So romantic. Keep writing.

emilyj93 GOLD said...
on Jan. 22 2010 at 4:23 pm
emilyj93 GOLD, Naperville, Illinois
11 articles 0 photos 22 comments
wow that was really intense! I especially love how you do not mention the leukemia until halfway through, it was an unexpected twist which totally shifts the tone! Keep writing! If you ever have time I would be interested to see what you think about some of my work.

on Jan. 22 2010 at 4:05 pm
bamboom212 PLATINUM, Chestnut Ridge, New York
23 articles 0 photos 155 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The truth with a bad intent, is worse than any lie you can ever invent."
"You are smarter than you think. You are stronger than you look. You are braver than you feel."

one word: whoa. i agree with bubba. i waz really shocked when it said Cady died & i had 2 reread it. i luv this story u did an awesome job

on Dec. 31 2009 at 8:36 pm
OMGitsCHARLAY GOLD, Canton, New York
12 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No one told me there were penguins in these cookies!!!!" ~ Me, Sophomore Year.

Hehe. Yeah. I'm thinking about making this longer and moredetailed. I just wrote this in 10 minutes when I was bored in class.

on Dec. 31 2009 at 9:35 am
bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio
12 articles 0 photos 41 comments

Favorite Quote:
Most dreams don't come true on their own; you have to make them true.  It takes a lot of work.  It's not easy, but not impossible, either.

Wow! When I read the part where he hung himself, it just shocked me badly! I had to reread it to fully accept that consept. I thought it was really sad, but then I like how you didn't make it depressing in the end by having her see Cady again, and getting her first kiss in the most magical place imaginable! Good job!