EC+AM=4ever Chapter 2 | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 2

September 2, 2009
By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.


June 5, 2009








10:00 a.m.








Evalynne's House



Dear Diary,

Yesterday I made a complete fool out of myself in front of Ash. But today's going to be different. Today I'm going to show him who I really am. And who knows, maybe we'll become friends. I have nothing to lose.

I really hope that he likes me. It would be nice to have at least one guy friend. My only friend is Kristy, who's great and all. But sometimes I feel like that's not enough.

I need at least one other person in my life to hang out with, talk to on the phone, all that kind of stuff. And to have a friend who's a guy, lives right next door to me, and is beyond hot would be awesome!

Let's just hope I don't get too nervous when I talk to him today. I could ruin everything with my shyness if I'm not careful.


I put my diary down on my desk when I heard a loud, perky laugh coming from outside of my window. "Oh my gosh, Ash, you're so funny!" I knew that voice. It was Julianne Wiggins, or as I liked to call her: The Wicked Witch of Westchester.

I stood up and walked downstairs. Both of my parents were at work so I was the only one in the house. I sat down at the kitchen table, where I had a perfect view out the window looking into the front yard. Then I picked up the newspaper my dad had left there from when he was reading it at breakfast.

I acted like I was reading it, but was actually peering over the top, watching Julianne Wiggins and Kelly Richardson talk to Ash about how their cheerleading squad won regionals.

"Yeah, as captain, I have to say that our squad put lots of effort into that competition. And we came out on top! No surprise there," Julianne smirked conceitedly.

"Could you be more self-obsessed?" I muttered to myself.

"Yeah, you were a great captain." Kelly added.

"I'm sure," Ash said. But he didn't sound impressed. He sounded bored out of his mind.

"So Ash, how do you like Westchester so far?" asked Julianne.

"It's alright. It's nothing like Miami, but I like it here. I like being near the city."

Why was he wasting his time talking to them when he could be talking to me? Probably because he thought I was a freaky stalker who watched people out of windows.

"Yeah, me too. Tons of good shopping," Kelly replied.

"Totally! But Los Angeles is pretty good too. My daddy goes there a lot for work, and once my mom and I went with him. I saw Kate Beckinsdale and Ashton Kutcher while I was shopping there." Julianne bragged.

"Oh, uh, cool," Ash replied. "Well I've got to go finish my chores. Nice meeting you,"

"You too," Kelly said, slipping him a piece of paper. "Call me,"

Then Julianne grabbed his hand, took a pen from her purse, and wrote something on it. "Text me,"

The two girls climbed back into Julianne's silver Audi convertible and drove off down the street. Once they were out of view, Ash turned around and waved to me. My eyes widend in shock. Did he know I was watching?

I put the newspaper down and waved back. This was my chance. I walked outside and over to Ash.

"Hey, I see you've met Julianne and Kelly." I said.

"Yeah, I met them." His voice told me that he didn't consider that as a good thing.

"Why do you say it like that?" I asked.

"I didn't like them very much."

A jolt of joy shot through my body. "Why not?"

"I don't exactly like spoiled, arrogant brats who'd rather be dead than be seen wearing anything other than designer clothing."

I had to laugh at that. "Yeah, they aren't exactly my favorite people either."

"So you don't like the two most popular girls in school?"

"How'd you know they were popular?"

"I'm new, not stupid." he remarked playfully.

"Right," I looked away, not knowing what to say next. I was doing fine up until now.

When I looked back at Ash, he was trying to scrub Julianne's phone number off of his hand with the hem of his t-shirt.

"You could always go inside and wash it off with soap and water." I said.

"Yeah, but that would mean ending this conversation with you." He shot me and impish grin and I blushed.

Did he like me? Did a hot guy actually like me?

"I guess using your shirt works too." I replied.

He smiled back at me, "You know, one phone number I wouldn't scrub off of my hand is yours."

He took out his cell phone, went to his contact list, and pressed Add New Contact. Then he handed the phone to me and I typed in my number.

"Here," I handed him my own phone. "Put your number in."

Once his phone number was stored under my contacts list, he handed me my phone back. I slipped it into my pocket and for a moment we just stood there staring at each other.

"Well I'd better get going. My mom's making me help her unpack boxes today." he finally said.

"Ok, I'll see you later. Bye,"

We both turned our seperate ways and walked inside. I had done it. I had talked to Ash without sounding stupid. And I had even gotten his phone number!

I had to call Kristy. So I took out my phone and dialed in her number.

"Hello," she answered.

"I did it! I talked to Ash!"

"Awesome, so how'd it go?"

"It went great. I even got his phone number!"

"Good for you! I think this calls for a celebration. Meet me at Sadie's tonight at six o'clock. Dinner's on me,"

"Cool, can't wait!" Sadie's was a local pizza parlor that Kristy and I loved to go to order slices of cheese pizza and cans of Diet Coke.

"Ok, see you then." Both of us hung up and I smiled.

Things were finally working out for me. I'd made a new friend. And not just any friend either. A sweet, funny, hot, dow-to-earth friend.

I walked upstairs to my room and sat down on my bed. I reached down to pick up my copy of Twilight, but stopped when I heard a loud crash. But it wasn't coming from inside my house.

It was coming from out the window. It was coming from inside Ash's house.

"Just stay away from her!" a woman's voice shouted.

"Why, mom? Are you afraid that maybe I'll actually make a friend here?" Ash demanded.

"Don't talk to me like that." I looked out the window and saw Ash and his mom standing right outside his room.

His mom had blonde hair like him, and piercing blue eyes. But her face was clouded over with an angry expression.

"Then don't ban me from making a real friend. You haven't even met her." he remarked.

"I don't have to. We moved here for a reason. And I won't let you ruin that."

"Fine, then just lock me up in my room to rot like you did at every other place we lived at."

"Don't make this harder than it has to be." Then his mom walked away.

Ash stepped into his room, slamming the door behind him. He was about to turn and face the window. So I rolled off my bed, landing on the ground with a thud. I didn't want him to know that I had heard that.

After a minute or two, I got back up and looked out the window. His blinds were shut. Why had Ash and his mom moved here? And was I the girl Ash's mom wanted him to stay away from?


The author's comments:
Chapter 2 of the novel I'm writing.