Rift | Teen Ink

Rift

December 18, 2023
By CourtneyJefferson3 BRONZE, Ofallon, Missouri
CourtneyJefferson3 BRONZE, Ofallon, Missouri
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Molly and tank. From friends to lovers. Over the years the two have grown close, and are expected to get closer. Once they got to high school, they almost immediately started dating. Molly and Tank are both 17 born only days apart. Their parents live next to each other and always joked about how their kids would grow up together and possibly fall in love. But it was almost as if they spoke it into existence. Molly plays soccer and is going to a d1 school after college. Tank is a d1 quarterback and it's almost as if they were meant to be with each other. At school everyone calls them the perfect couple, and that's what it seems like. Behind closed doors they dealt with their own issues and ones caused by each other. They fought for each other. They got over the rumors and temptation throughout their relationship. One day they went to the lake by their house and were just talking. Tank thought it would be a good idea to skip rocks. The first rock hit the water and sank. The second rock he threw a little harder and it was almost as if the water stopped the rock with intent. The third rock tank threw he decided to throw with all his might. It came skipping back. Hard. He moved out of the way, and he and Molly looked at each other with a surprised look. Molly stood up and tried. It came skipping back. This time Tank threw a rock high and far. Only for it to land three feet behind them. The air around them started to get dense. Fog formed around them. They heard a whistle. They looked at eachother and saw an old version of themselves. *Bang*. The both of them jumped and in a blink of an eye the air cleared and the fog was gone. They looked around and decided it was time to head home. As they were walking every now and then they’d hear the whistle. See fog. And the air around them would get dense. They would be older, Almost like they were in their own world when it happened. What could it be? A rip in time? A void? They never found out until… 


The author's comments:

Its more of a mystery than romance