Heaven on Earth | Teen Ink

Heaven on Earth

December 14, 2023
By josephine_danielski12 BRONZE, Dover, Massachusetts
josephine_danielski12 BRONZE, Dover, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Part 1: Sally

One night, Sally was sleeping. In her dream, she was sitting in Mr. Cadden’s classroom, and suddenly Timmy, Sally’s crush, entered the room.
In her head, Sally was narrating what was going on. It was her birthday, and they were in Mr. Cadden’s room when the dream started. After walking into the room, he told her he had a birthday gift for her. She felt her heart jump when he said that. When she opened the gift, she saw that it was a garden gnome. She figured out that It had meant something to her last year when they had a class together. The gnome represented that she would always look things up in class, and it was always funny to him.
The next day at school, Sally saw him. Throughout the day she was telling her friends the story of her dream. She couldn’t keep herself from staring at him during every class. She knew that he was her dream guy. Throughout the summer, while Sally was at sleepaway camp, she kept thinking about him and telling her friends about him. She couldn’t wait for the next school year.

Part 2: Timmy

When Timmy saw Sally the next school year, he couldn’t help but stare. He had never liked a girl from school. He decided that he would try to ask one of his friends to see if they had her number.
“Hey Deigo,” Timmy texted privately, “Do you have Sally’s number?”
“Yeah, why?” Deigo said. He was perplexed but he sent it to him right away.
That instant, Timmy opened up Sally’s profile and started typing. His message was:
“Hey Sally, there’s a dance at school next Friday, and I wanted to ask you to go with me. Would you like to go?”
Sally responded “Sure, I’d love to go.
The whole night they were texting and that’s when Sally texted “You know, I’ve liked you for a couple of months.” Timmy didn’t know what to say. Finally, he said, “I like you too, and have for a while as well.”
The next day at school they officially became a couple. People were staring because it made so much sense. They eventually started to hold hands in the hallways and hang out more often.
On Friday, Sally, Timmy, and all their friends were at the dance. “My makeup is smudged!” Sally exclaimed.
Timmy followed Sally out, into the hallway, and Mr. Cadden’s room. Sally walked in first and sat down at a desk fixing her makeup.
“While we’re here, I know it was your birthday a couple of days ago, so I got you a gift,” said Timmy.
This was just like her dream. Was it coming true?
She opened the gift and figured it was the garden gnome from her dream. She was so excited that she hugged him, and slowly pulled away. They looked at each other. Then slowly, they leaned in for a soft kiss. Wow, dreams do come true, she thought.


The author's comments:

Hi there! This is my second story on TeenInk and it's my first contest story! I wrote this story with my friend and it's partly based on true events happening in my friends life. I hope you enjoy!