twisted | Teen Ink

twisted

December 14, 2023
By Anonymous

It was a late Saturday night and I walked into the house, I took my shiny crocs off and threw my bright colored coat on the couch. I proceeded to walk towards the kitchen and there he was standing over the stove making one of my favorite dishes, chicken pasta and savory garlic bread. After a long day of working at the hospital a nice home cooked meal was well needed. Long hours at the hospital can get really stressful. 

“How was work lena?” said miles. 

“It was stressful, there were so many people who came in from the incident that happened on 24th street.” I replied. 

“Well I'm just glad you made it home, my love.” he replied. 

As I sat down at the kitchen table he gave me my plate and sat down with me. We began to pray, next we ate. We were 5 minutes into dinner and he began ringing non stop. I couldn't see if there was a name on the contact but whoever it was, he for sure didn't wanna answer. I started thinking maybe it could've been another woman but i didnt wanna jump to conclusions. 


The next day had come. I was off and miles had to go to work. He got ready and then kissed me goodbye as he was walking to the door. Part of me wanted to follow him because I had been thinking about the phone calls he was getting while we were at the dinner table. I grabbed my keys and threw on my shoes. then proceeded to run out the door and get in the car. When I got in our second car I picked up another woman's scent. It had a fresh lemony smell. My heart began to beat fast because I started to think of the worst. I started driving towards miles job and eventually I caught up to his burnt yellow car. He made a left turn into the Ponderosa's parking lot. I let a few cars get in front of me so he wouldn't know I was following him. I pulled in the back of the parking lot. I saw a black rusty sports truck pulling up next to him. A woman with long silky blonde hair got out and walked to his car and got in. They were there for 30-45 minutes. She got out of the car and went back to her own and left. I called him to ask what he was doing but I got no answer. I began to get furious. A few hours went by and he finally called. He said that he was busy at his job and that he couldn't make my call. I asked him if went anywhere but he told me he'd been at work all day. I hung up the phone and began to pack up all his things because he lied to me about being with another woman. By the time he came home I had all of his things outside in the driveway. I heard him yelling and screaming and banging on the door. He eventually left and after that I didn't see him anymore. I was hurt for a very long time. Some days I couldn't even leave the bed. I was broken. To know that I put my all into a person then later finding out that they would betray me was unbearable. 


A few months later I got past it and moved on to bigger and better things. I moved to Atlanta, georgia. Got a new job as a nurse practitioner and I met a new guy. I loved my new apartment because it had gold interior and shiny surfaces that were very easy to clean. It also had a sky view and I was on the very top floor. Life was finally good again. My new boyfriend Eric was an engineer. He was tall , brown skinned with black hair and had 2 dimples on each side of his face just to give you guys a little description of him. Eric would do things that Miles never did. There was never a time where I felt unloved. He brought so much happiness and joy into my life. I talked to him about everything that happened with miles and he comforted me and reassured me that he would never do that to me. Me and Eric always talked about getting a house and starting a family together. But i didn't think he was really gonna do it. 

On july 23rd, 2027 it would mark me and Eric's 4 year anniversary. It was so amusing to me that we made it this far. I knew we would be going on a date to celebrate but he always surprises me so he just tells me to dress for the occasion. Today he told me to dress like I was going to a winter formal. I was so excited because I had a feeling he was gonna propose today. I went over to andy's house to get my makeup done. She did a blue base eyeshadow with shiny white flakes and white clusters on my eyelashes. After that I went home and got ready. I decided to put on a white glittery dress and some silver heels. The time had come and Eric had told me he was outside. I got in the car and he told me we were going to Lacierges. It was a restaurant off the beach. We got there and began to eat. I got a filet mignon with a side of cheddar white rice, and he got a medium well steak with a baked potato. The food was good. When we got done eating he blind folded me and told me he had a surprise for me. I was so scared. As he blindfolded me we began walking towards the ocean cause I heard waves and water moving. We finally came to a complete stop and then he  took the blind fold off me. He got down on one knee. 

“Amiri ever since i met you i knew you were something special.” he said 

“I want you to be in my life forever.” he continued. 

I was standing there in complete shock. I had a feeling that he was going to propose but I never really knew what his initial plan was. 


I said “yes”. Then he put the ring on my finger. We walked off the beach and I was so full of happiness that tears started coming down my face. A couple months went by. We had our wedding and took our honeymoon trip to turks. A few weeks had passed and I started to not feel good. Eric went to the store to get some pregnancy tests to see if we were expecting. When he came back from the store I took them. We waited for 10 minutes and the results showed that I was pregnant. When I told him he was so happy I could see the redness in his cheeks. I began to cry out of joy because we were literally living our dream. I'm so glad that I could do it with him. After everything I've been through in the past, this was definitely bound to happen to me. I'm glad I could raise a child with someone who I know is actually going to be a parent and care for both me and the child. I waited patiently for a good ending but this is only the start of me and Eric's relationship and i hope it will never end. 


The author's comments:

i love watching drama series and movies. so for my project in class i decided to make up my own short story