Be Careful Who You Love | Teen Ink

Be Careful Who You Love

By Angelicar BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
Angelicar BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas

Six o’clock in the morning Lilly woke up to her phone blowing up with messages from her best friend. Pictures and screen shots of her boyfriend kissing twenty different girls. Lilly did not know how to react. She was convinced for a second that they were fake. But then she realizes that she wasn’t as shock as she thought. Suddenly, the dots started connecting. He was out late most nights and they had barely hung out. She tries to brush off any negative thoughts before she talks to him face to face. She gets up out of bed and gets ready for school. Where she’s going to see him. On her way to school her blood boils thinking about what she going to say to him. She tries to stay calm. She tells herself “If he was willing to do this to me, he didn’t really love me” But the questions she has on why he did what he did flood her brain. Now she gets to school like normal, but she can feel everyone’s eyes on her. She thought it was just her conscience. But she looked around and literally everyone’s looking at her, EVERYONE. Everyone knows that her boyfriend cheated on her with twenty different girls. How embarrassing. She then gets the sudden urge to puke. She runs to the restroom. Lilly hears loud footsteps approaching her stall. Some girl knocks on the door and ask Lilly if she’s okay. Lilly then opens the door and see the girl and for some reason she looks familiar. She’s one of the girls in the pictures! She feels like throwing up again. But she tries to keep it in, and she does. She sits in class hearing people talk about her and her boyfriend. There’s one kid that came in her class and said “Diego didn’t come to school today because he’s embarrassed” Diego’s her soon to be not boyfriend. So now her plan to confront him was out the window. There was really no point of confronting him, he knows she knows, and everyone knows so they’re basically over. No words need to be said.  OVER. But Lilly was so furious that she wanted to explode on him. She couldn’t believe how stupid she was for not seeing the signs. She then remembers that she has Diego’s location on her phone. So, she plans on meeting up with him after school. When school ended Lilly was filled with adrenaline. She couldn’t wait to tell him everything on her chest. But she could also wait forever because she was disgusted by him and couldn’t believe he did what he did. She also loved him very much and started getting flashback of all the cute moments they had, when he said he loved her. And the fact that he made a lot of other girls feel the same exact way made he sick to her stomach. She looks at his location and he’s at a parking lot in his car. She gets her friend to drive her to the parking lot, hoping he won’t leave. She gets to the parking lot and while drive up to his car she sees two heads in the car. She panicked. She didn’t want to embarrass herself in front of whoever was in the car with him. But as she gets a closer look, she sees that the hair of this mysterious person is cut short, like boy. So, her nervousness goes away because it might be his best friend. She then gets the courage to go up to the car and when she gets to the car window. She sees the most unexpected things she’s ever see before. She couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw her boyfriend and his best friend kissing each other. Out of instinct she bangs on the window almost breaking it. His best friend then runs out the car, embarrassed. She then gets in the passage seat and closes the door. Her “boyfriend” I say “boyfriend” because they’re technically not together anymore they just haven’t said the words “I’m breaking up with you” yet. But anyways, Diego yells at her to get out of his car. She doesn’t, instead she starts yelling at him for all the girls he’s placed his lips on. And guys. Apparently. He stays silent looking like a lost dog or something. He acts like the he’s the victim. Like he’s so innocent. Which gets Lilly so angry, furious, frustrated, every word to define mad. She then remembers that he has a firearm in the glove compartment. She thinks about taking it out to scare him so he could talk and tell her why he did what he did. But Lilly was like “no I’m not that crazy”. But then she got speechless and couldn’t find the words she wanted to say to him. She just felt like crying but she didn’t want to seem weak in front of him. So, she got the firearm out. She didn’t even know if it was loaded or if the safeties on. She points it at him. As she planned, he got scared and he starts apologizing. And saying that “he didn’t mean to hurt her in anyway” LAIR! He knew exactly what he was doing. So, she didn’t accept his apology. In fact, every word that fell out of his mouth made her even more angry and made her grip the firearm even tighter. And then she realized that everything he was saying was a lie and he was only saying it because he was afraid she might shoot him. Which got her even more angry. And then BAM! She shot him right in the chest.

I wrote this piece because I personally feel like everyone will get cheated on once in their life. And when they do they don't know how else to feel when their being betrayed by the one person the love most. People tend to wish upon someone death. Or just them bad luck. And I'm here to say that its ok to feel like that. Just never go through with it because will get hurt. Cheating is just another way to tell you that that person is not meant for you.