Lies Told | Teen Ink

Lies Told

By EG0529 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
EG0529 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas

Looking through the binoculars Ellie spotted her target walking past a coffee shop. A few moments later she walks in the coffee shop in her clandestine disguise. She approaches Damien for their date and gets to know him. Little does he know Ellie is a spy undercover to get closer to the money she wants. Ellie is on a mission to murder Damien and will be rewarded money when she does so. An hour later she excuses herself from the date to go back to headquarters. Ellie realizes he is a good guy and that he didn’t seem so harmful. She gives an update on Damien and she thinks about how his personality and how kind he was.

She continues to meet up with him and follow him around when they aren’t on any dates. She watches him go into a jewelry store and spots him walking out suspiciously. She wonders what he has done as she goes to give another report on him. Damien asks Ellie on another date he seemed excited to meet up with her for their date. Ellie gets to the restaurant early, looking around spotting everyone in sight and examines them. There was one man who looked suspicious she tried getting closer but looses him in the crowded restaurant. A few moments later Damien walks through the door, dressed classy and well put together. Damien and Ellie are seated at their table, window side with a magnificent view of the city. Ellie has an amazing time at dinner with Damien and starts thinking. She was told he is a horrible man and has gotten into trouble but all she sees is a kind man who is thoughtful. She starts falling in love.

After dinner she heads to headquarters. While she’s driving there, she’s thinking hard about what she’s about to do. The top agent has austere expectations from Ellie, he thought she was the best person for the mission. Ellie walked in marching towards the main office and speaks with the top agent asking to get off the case. He denies it. Ellie argues with him that it isn’t fair she’s doing the mission alone and that it would be easier with backup. He argues that she’s the only one for the job, the best person there is. Ellie shouts, screaming that she has fallen in love with him. There was a tremendously loud silence. After a few moments he tells her that if she doesn’t follow through with the mission, she’s dead. Ellie will not go forward with the mission. She leaves headquarters hopeless. Ellie shows up to Damien’s apartment. She knocks on the door with great sadness. Damien opens the door and can tell something is horribly wrong.

Ellie sits down on the couch and Damien follows sitting next to her. She starts crying in his arms, didn’t know how to feel. Ellie stops crying looking at his ocean eyes. Damien looks at her with great care, she finally realized she has fallen for him. Ellie begins telling him that she is a spy and that she was on a mission and planned to kill him. The caring look on his face faded away. Ellie explained him she didn’t want to go forward with the mission and that she didn’t want to work with the agency anymore. She can’t just quit; they’re going to go after her if she doesn’t do the mission. Damien was angry because he never thought something so terrible would ever happen. He needed time to think. He kicked Ellie out of his apartment with such anger, slamming the door behind her. The next few days were lonely for Ellie she was so used to being with Damien or just talking to him through the phone. The days were going by slower, she was filled with so much regret that wouldn’t go away.

Damien contacted Ellie a few days later asking to meet up at a coffee shop and talk. Ellie was filled with joy. She goes to the coffee shop Damien told her to meet him, sitting at the table as she waits for him to arrive. Damien walked through the door with relief she was waiting for him. He sits down smiling. He explains to her that he understood the pressure she was under and that he had fallen for her too. Damien begins telling her about a plan he was thinking of to run away with her changing their identities and get married because he was in love. Damien wants to spend the rest of his life with Ellie. Ellie was filled happiness and agreed to the plan even though she was a little hesitant.

Damien and Ellie decided to move to Bora Bora and start their new lives there. Once they got there they began the process of changing their names and identities. Damien became Jayden Martinez and Ellie became Sophia Martinez. They used their new identity out in the public eye, but in private they still used their actual names. The next day they went to a beautiful beach, walking on the soft sand. They went to a private stop to begin saying their vows to each other. Ellie said how she felt about Damien from the beginning and about how she couldn’t wait for their future together. Damien spoke to Ellie with a joyful smile. He said he couldn’t wait for his bright and amazing future rich. Ellie was confused. A bullet came from nowhere hitting Ellie in the chest. She fell in the sand holding her chest. Damian laughed as she was in pain. A man approached them looking at Ellie with laughter. Ellie is laying as the sand crawls up her side. She recognized the man, he was the man she saw looking suspicious at the restaurant. Damien reveals that he knew her plan all along. Damien and the man were laughing at Ellie for thinking she could have a future with Damien. Everything Damien ever told Ellie was a lie. She was heartbroken, her feelings for him began to wither away along with her soul. Ellie didn’t make it. Damien threw his antiquated jacket onto Ellie to cover her atrophy body.