Ramiro's Interesting Relationship | Teen Ink

Ramiro's Interesting Relationship

September 11, 2023
By TexasWelder06 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
TexasWelder06 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was Ramiro’s senior year, three days before graduation. Class of 2020 was getting impatient to graduate and move on to the next chapter of their lives. Maria who was Ramiro’s girlfriend of three years, had started distancing herself from Ramiro. Ramiro had started noticing the distancing and started worrying, as his girlfriend would not reply to any of his calls or texts and she would never be home. Maria had not been in school for the last week either ,so something had to have been going on. Ramiro had no other choice than to ask Maria’s best friend Lily. When he asked her she looked a little surprised and said “I haven't seen or heard from her lately.” Ramiro found that quite strange as these two are almost together and never separated. Lily knew what was going on she just did not want to throw her best friend under the bus. Maria’s ex boyfriend had texted her and they had started seeing each other behind Ramiro’s back. Meanwhile, Ramiro had graduated high school. At graduation, Ramiro had not seen Maria either. Her name was not called up to receive her diploma. Maria had either dropped out or missed graduation. Ramiro started accepting the separation between Maria and him and started falling into depression. After high school Ramiro had decided to go to Welding School as that is what he wanted to do as a career. He enrolled into a community college and started his classes. With every rod Ramiro burnt he felt like if he was burning his emotions into every weld and feeling better about what had happened. Two years later Ramiro graduated college as a Combo Welder and got a job out in a pipeline in West Texas. One day Ramiro decided to head to his go to spot that he would go with his girlfriend and saw a gut wrenching sight. He saw Maria with her ex boyfriend on a date. Ramiro entered a state of shock and just left and thought what an ingrate of a person and just left. Ramiro ended up deciding to just move on and forget about this girl. Ramiro would work the same job on the pipeline and make a six figure salary.  Years and years went on and Ramiro started making lots more money. Ramiro even built his own custom house with his hard earned money. Meanwhile, Maria is over struggling with her now boyfriend as her boyfriend still talks to his exes and that is a problem. He had promised he would never do it again but he had broken that promise. Maria did not know what to do so she seeked advice from Lily. She asked if he was really worth suffering over, and Lily just told her to drop him and Ramiro was a way better guy in the first place. Ramiro had not been with anybody since Maria since he was so focused on himself and getting himself settled for the rest of his life. After Maria had reconsidered what Lily had told her she decided to give Ramiro a shot again if she ever saw him again. She hoped that he would have forgiven her by now since it had been years since they had seen and talked to each other. One day while Ramiro was out eating himself he comes about his ex girlfriend Maria. Maria sees Ramiro and asks if she can sit and have a bite with him. Ramiro does not reject and allows it. They both catch up and see how they have been doing since High School. Ramiro tells Maria how he graduated from College as a Combination Welder and works on a pipeline welding pipe. Maria also says how she went to college and majored as a Music Educator. She tells him how she would like to be a High School Band Director at the High School they went to. They finish eating and they exchange numbers.

Ramiro was on his lunch break from work so he said he would text her to make plans again to catch up. They go out almost every week after that and start to reconnect. 

One day they meet at their go to spot where Ramiro had seen Maria with her ex. They bring up the topic as to what had happened. Maria tells him how her ex boyfriend had gotten in between their relation ship and how she should have never listened to him, and hoped that Ramiro would forgive her. Ramiro listened and said they could try to be a couple again , and from that day on they started dating again. Eight years later they end up getting even closer than they had originally gotten and even planned on getting married soon.

The day of their wedding had finally arrived and they walk down the aisle. “Ramiro Rene Ramirez, Will you accept Maria Guadalupe Jimenez as your Wife?” “Yes” Stated Ramiro.

“Maria Guadalupe Jimenez, Will you accept Ramiro Rene Ramirez as your Husband?” “Yes” Stated Maria. 

Ten Years later the couple is still happy, Living in the home that Ramiro had built with his hard earned money. The couple have four beautiful children and are happier than ever. Nothing will ever separate this love again. Not even a very nefarious homewrecking ex boyfriend. 


The author's comments:

Hello, My name is Gabriel, I'm a Junior in high school. I hope you enjoy my work!