Love Never Changes | Teen Ink

Love Never Changes

September 7, 2023
By ag0310900 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
ag0310900 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Sally and E.j. both walking in the main hallway, they looked up and both got a glance of each other. Sally gave a quick smile and E.j. fell in love. E.j. never saw or knew of her, but sally always wanted to talk to him; she basically had a crush. It all started at the beginning of freshman year. Sally walked into her classroom and saw him! E.JOHNSON! The freshman quarterback on varsity. She thought to herself  “OMG IT'S HIM!” Sally didn't know what to do except walk past him and sit until the next year, sophomore year. When they gave that stare, E.j. thought why he had never seen Sally before but E.j. was a varsity football player, everyone had a crush on him, he was popular, so maybe that's why he never saw Sally. Every day they walked past each other and gave the same look. E.j. finally thought “I want to go up to her, what do I say? What if she thinks I'm weird?” He made so many assumptions. One day E.j. had the guts to go up to her and all he said was “h..i..”, Sally didn't know what to think. But sooner or later they were walking the halls together, started talking in and outside of school, and finally started hanging out. Weeks and months went by since they started talking, E.j. finally asked out Sally and it was the day they knew were going to be together forever.

 Senior year is now here and it's been 2 years since Sally and E.j. have been together, they couldn't wait to graduate together. Until he got a letter to join the military, Sally was devastated. Days, weeks, months have passed and it's now graduation day. E.j. knew he had to leave in a couple days which made him not enjoy the day at all. Both Sally and E.j. tried to make the best of it and not show any emotion towards the situation because they loved each other. It's been 3 days and E.j. is leaving. Sally gave him the biggest hug, held back her tears, and watched him leave from the other window. Sally would wait for video chats, emails, letters until one day she didn't get anything for a week. 

Sally got a phone call…. “Is this Sally…i have bad news E.j. has passed…” she dropped down into tears, not knowing what to do. For a few days she was distracted by the situation and couldn't even think about the funeral. It was dark, gloomy, and raining. It was like a movie, a movie nobody would want to be in. People crying and weeping, Sally was the only one quiet. She was stunned to be they're; she thought she wasn't there… almost not alive. Sally would stay home in her bed just staring at the walls. Her family would come to cheer her up, nothing. E.j. family would come, nothing. She was going through depression because she really lost the love of her life; felt  like a piece of her heart was taken away.  

One day she decided to get up and go to the park. It was almost like it was a sign to go there. Sally was just walking around the trail in the park to get some fresh air and to clear her mind. This woman had been sitting on a bench staring at the lake. Sally thought it was a little weird because they're was nothing pretty about the lake. The bench lady had called Sally over, the bench lady asked “What's on your mind, I can tell something is troubling you.”. Sally stood quietly because how did she know? The bench lady and Sally had been sitting and talking for hours, but one thing that had stood out to Sally was when she said “People may come and go, it can be bad or maybe good but remember to look around, they are around you, watching over you”.