Affection & Attraction | Teen Ink

Affection & Attraction

By jj0405854 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
jj0405854 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas

Marzo is a teenage boy who has a lot of love and affection he is eager to give. In Marzo's freshman year of high school he had become very acquainted with a girl by the name of Genesis. Though Marzo and Genesis were in the same middle school they hardly spoke but had many mutual friends. Throughout freshman year Marzo and Genesis spoke frequently throughout freshman year, as feelings slowly rose between the two both were hesitant to address it.

These feelings would grow stronger as the final months of school came near. Days go by and Marzo begins to build the courage to ask Genesis to be his girlfriend but before he could do so tragedy struck as Marzo is told he will be moving back to his hometown at the end of the school year. As the clock now begins to countdown Marzo stays quiet for a while in hopes that he will be able to leave without warning. Yet, he can't hold up to this as it's not right to leave in silence especially leaving Genesis to deal with such news. Even though he knew it wasn't right he tried to keep this news as disclosed as possible. This plan went well until the final week of Marzo being at the school. He could no longer hold the news.

The news was told to Genesis and she teared up at the idea of it, but put on a smile as if everything was fine. In truth it was as if a horrible storm had come and ruined everything. Marzo was pained, but he was never the kind to think he was relevant enough to be missed. Finals were here as the final days of school were upon them too. Marzo had grown to love Genesis strongly this was mutual as just them seeing each other would cause them to smile uncontrollably. Marzo's last day has arrived and with open campus he takes this time to enjoy his final moments being with close friends and associates alike.

This day was one dreaded by Marzo and Genesis one of Marzo and Genesis's last moments were spent in a small circle near where the buses usually pick-up. The time nears as these will be Marzo and Genesis's final moments. Genesis can do nothing but stare at Marzo as her world is splitting and tears stream down her eyes. Marzo replays every memory in this moment as if they would never see each other again. As Marzo could no longer put up a front and his heart felt as if it was tied to an anchor and sunk into the sea of emotions. Tears begin to well inside of Marzo's eyes and his throat tightens he is barely able to hold it in as he looks at his friends and Genesis. The very moment that Marzo laid his head in Genesis's the love they had for each other was felt in that very moment Genesis could no longer hold back her tears to a minimal. Oceans of tears stream down Genesis's eyes as it completely shatters Marzo. The time has come for Genesis and Marzo to say their goodbye's and Marzo finally breaks and tells Genesis he loves her it is almost as if she said it hundreds of times before Genesis respond's with " I love you too".