Have you noticed me? Part 1 | Teen Ink

Have you noticed me? Part 1

July 21, 2023
By nari_anka BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
nari_anka BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

There was a time when I felt like I had found the one I needed and, maybe, I did. But, I was not able to hold on. Was it my fault? Or was it his fault? Or were we just not what we wanted us to be? I wonder. Even so, I wish to tell this story. 

It was my last year of middle school. Though it may already sound childish trust me when I tell you, it was the most thrilling time of my life. We had just gotten out of Covid-19, well not literally gotten out but we had in-person school now. You see, I was terrified. I was not very social, so I knew for a fact this year would not be it for me. But oh, how fast that would change. 

So now, it is the first day. I meet all the other students and to my surprise, they are very easy to get along with. The first friend I made was named Riley, she was an extrovert unlike me. Maybe that is how we clung to each other so easily. The day wasn't bad but it gets even more interesting. Lunchtime was when I spotted him in that big crowd of people. I went outside to the yard with Riley, mostly because she had forced me to. Looking back I am so thankful she took me out that day even though I would have noticed him somewhere else the same way. I was very bored sitting on the benches as Riley was away talking to her old classmates. She had told me to keep myself busy by talking to other people, but of course, I could not. I was shy, very shy. So I sat down and observed everyone and how happy they looked, then something caught my attention. Our yard was very big, big like it can fit an airplane. And I mean that literally. We had a big track in the center and a basketball court on the far right side. I was sitting on the left under a big tree that had given me shade. My eyes subconsciously landed on a boy inches taller than me playing football on the basketball court. And my, oh my, that was when my story started. Or our story. 


The author's comments:

I will write multiple parts to this. This piece is real, it is about me and a very I had really liked and perhaps I still do.