Fireworks | Teen Ink

Fireworks

By Xuan PLATINUM, Charlottesville, Virginia
Xuan PLATINUM, Charlottesville, Virginia

Sleep more, worry less.

Remember the fireworks you watched last night? We stared blankly at the sky at the row of sparks, which spread out into a large clump of sparkles. 

We all love this gorgeous thing. Staying in the sky for two or three seconds and disappearing in the blink of an eye. Maybe this is its destiny, but I think it’s a tragedy. 

This simple agreement has already been branded from the bottom of my heart. I don't expect us to remember the promise forever, but we must now. Maybe it’s like the fireworks, as ashes eventually drift away with the wind. 

When the sunflower forgets the sun, when the butterfly forgets the flower, when the fish forgets the ocean, we wouldn’t remember each other.

Goodbye, forever goodbye. I have escaped countless times in the dark night of sadness, even if the depths of my heart are filled with grief; even if the loneliness outlines the prosperity in a picture; even if I can't find a faint morning star in the Milky Way, how much I am still afraid to hear it. It is a goodbye that can only be said when parting. It is spring and autumn that I missed. It is the once sea that was outlined by the past, or the lonely song in the sound of fireworks.

Hello, this is Yuxuan. I am a high school senior student studying in the US, currently in Virginia.