True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

May 9, 2009
By Lorena Kcomt BRONZE, Maitland, Florida
Lorena Kcomt BRONZE, Maitland, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It killed you to see him everyday knowing that he would never love you that way because you were best friends, you were like a sister to him. I had been accepted to a transfer student program and was now leaving tomorrow for France and staying there. Knowing you had no ideas in your head of coming back home. You already had it set, you would live in France for the rest of your life. This was the last time you were seeing him. “Matt, I’m leaving” I said to him silently. “What are you talking about?” he asked. “Matt I have to tell you something before I leave tomorrow for France.” I said not looking at him. “Matt I’ve loved you my whole life, Matt I’m in love with you” I blurted it out. He was silent, “Sam I’m sorry but I don’t know what to say.” He said not looking at me. “Just forget I ever told you” I said and walked away with tears pouring down my face.
Here I was now in front of the gate to enter the dream I’ve been wishing all my life to live in France and forget that I ever fell in love with my best friend, maybe find somebody who’ll actually love me back. I started hearing somebody call my name and I could have sworn it was Matt but I knew I was just imagining it. I went through the gate and entered the plane. I found my seat as soon as possible and put my headphone into my ears and let my iPod blast music. Somebody yanked the earphones out of my ears. “Hey!” I complained and looked up to find Matt with my earphones. “Samantha! Why didn’t you stop when I called your name?” he asked. “Because I thought I was going crazy” I said pulling back the earphones. “Samantha I love you” he said and kissed me. “Please don’t go to France” he said. But I couldn’t do that, I had to go it was my dream and I couldn’t let some boy stop me. “You don’t know how many times I wish you would say that but I can’t stay, I’m sorry but I need to go” I said. He stayed quiet and left. I started letting tears roll down my eyes and I realized that France had only been an excuse to not express my feelings. I ran out of my seat and made it off the plane before the plane took off.
I ran and found Matt walking out of the airport and I tackled him to make sure he didn’t disappear. “What’s going on?” he asked as he faced the floor. “I can’t let you go” I said breathless from running. I could tell he was smiling. “So your not going?” he asked. “No” I said now waiting to see where we went from here.