Realization | Teen Ink

Realization

May 7, 2009
By Ciararad BRONZE, Weatherford, Texas
Ciararad BRONZE, Weatherford, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 4 comments

In the letter you never wrote to me, you told me that things would be different. That what we had wasn’t the regular fairytale romance. What we had was something real. What we felt, what we shared…was indescribable. The thoughts we produced, were like magic. We were special. We were very special.


Time stood still when we were together. The whole world watched us in awe. It was like we lived in our own little universe. Sometimes it was the same, yet very diverse. The moment that I met you felt right. No, it wasn’t lust. It was sheer amazement and wonder. Could I, without being cliché, fall in love with you from the first time I laid eyes on you? Could we have different opinions, ideas, and dreams and still combine as one? Or would it just be chaos?


It was real. Everything was real. The only thing that stopped us from being free was ourselves. We belonged together you and me. We just clicked. I believed in us. You believed in us. That was all that had ever mattered.


Something has changed. It’s not as we used to be. We both grew up, we both shed tears, and we both realized that we weren’t the only ones anymore. The sense of wonder was lost. It was gone. I still believe though. I still believe that things could change. That our destinies will forever be intertwined. I believe that we are not alone in this world, that we will always have each other.


It’s been two years since that fatal day. I held you in my hands. Felt your blood. We were intertwined yet once again. The things that happened to us were for a reason; to grow, to wake up, and to realize that there were others in the world. Not only us. I see you everyday, when the sun sets and the sky turns pink. I miss you. I love you. And I will never say goodbye. For it is not the end, it is only the beginning.


The author's comments:
This was written on Janurary 5, 2009. This is the epilogue for a story that I am working on. I hope that you all enjoy!! =)