Dear Best Friend | Teen Ink

Dear Best Friend

December 7, 2018
By talianicole21 SILVER, San Jacinto, California
talianicole21 SILVER, San Jacinto, California
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Happiness can be found even in the darkness of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -Album Dumbledore 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban'


Dear Best Friend,

Your smile. I look forward to seeing it every morning. Your beautiful smile that twists my stomach into knots so tight I could barely breathe. Your addicting smile that lifts the corners of my mouth into that goofy grin that I smile just for you. Your hands as they hold mine in those secret moments where we pretend like there’s nothing more going on than a pleasant conversation between two friends. Your strong hands make me feel safe, and makes me forget all the pain in my past. That crushing pain that haunts my every waking moment. When I hold your hand I forget all that for the few short secret moments that feel like hours. Those gentle hands that make me feel loved and free and they caress my own. Those hand, that smile are the makeups of my best friend of whom I have grown to love more and more.

I have  realized that I have fallen in love with my best friend. I love your laugh and how it lights up the room. I love how you care for everyone he meets. I love your eagerness to serve others and to make everyone feel included. I love you.


The author's comments:

That goofy grin I smile just for you