Mixed Nuts | Teen Ink

Mixed Nuts

By Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania
Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania

"Life's no fun if you're not insane, otherwise you grow up to be an accountant." -Moi

Do I like coffee for the flavor? Well, let’s put it this way: I like my sugar with coffee and cream. I mostly like the effects of coffee, which sometimes makes me loonier than a koala in a pine tree. But when I’m with my friends, I don’t need the coffee, we get high off of life.

One day at the mall…

Tina, Kayla, Sam, and me walk arm and arm through the mall, laughing at nothing in particular and tripping at random moments. People stare at us as if we were high or something. And we are. High on life. We stumble from shop to shop trying to satisfy Sam’s fancy for fashion, my love of t-shirts, Tina’s stud-belt obsession, and Kayla’s fetish for all things shiny. Some light cajoling has Tina marching into Victoria’s Secret, with the three of us in tow and walks right up to the register and demands, “Who is this Victoria person, and what exactly is her secret?” in the straightest face she can manage. A lady behind us mumbles something about the queen and we walk out, hysterically laughing.

“I know what Victoria’s secret is!” Kayla declares loudly. “She has fancy undies and keeps them secret in her pants!” A couple guys who just happen to be passing by give her strange looks and we burst into an all out laugh-attack, which I believe one of us will die from someday. Yep, we’re just a couple of mixed nuts; and what’s a party without them?

This never really happened, but get me, Tina, Kayla, and Sam in a mall all together at once, and it probably would.

Nyx_X SILVER said...
Nyx_X SILVER, Moosic, Pennsylvania
Hey, how about doing that next weekend? I want to say more, but I don't want to give away which friend I am. You know, to protect my secret identity.

on Apr. 10 2009 at 1:54 am
biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

ha! sounds like me and my friends! i love the clear voice