Peace | Teen Ink

Peace

November 19, 2017
By Anonymous

In this dream of mine, he is standing at the gateway of the abandoned lighthouse. The stripes spiral around the tower that are like the color of the shirt he is wearing, a faded grey that sets perfectly on display with scenery around us. He walks up to me with a basket that I packed for this occasion. His camera was resting inside of the woven basket. We had planned on taking a trip so he could take some pictures to submit to a company. He was desperate to get his name out there and he was going to do whatever it took. His dream is to become a well-known photographer and I have always been able to support him and his dream. His smile is beaming with anticipation. We are calm like the sea at low tide, still and at peace but ready to rise into high tide becoming excited for the upcoming events. Tracing our fingertips on the cold handrail, we quickly climb up the never-ending stair case as we talk about the simple things that mean so much. We giggle and stumble as we race upwards, our inner child escaping. We finally make it to the top. Our footsteps at the top the lighthouse make a creaking noise with every step we take, the weathered wooden floorboards looking like his grey sweatshirt making me realize the pale sky as Autumn slowly changes to Winter. He lays out the soft fuzzy blanket, the look on his face shows hope for this going well, we wanted it to be special for us. A seagull swirls around the tower, us watching contently. The salty sea shore is calming and pale. This is the dream, sitting with him on the top of this lighthouse, and having someone with me makes it better. The smell of him is stronger than the pale blue sea. We are like a school a fish, happily swimming together as friends. He is a brother, a friend, and a soulmate. As I sit on the top of this lighthouse with him, I feel peace.