A Planned Accident | Teen Ink

A Planned Accident

By PhotoGirl29 BRONZE, Culpeper, Virginia
PhotoGirl29 BRONZE, Culpeper, Virginia
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Everyone around Riley Andrews seemed to have the perfect lives, while she was at the bottom of the happy list. Besides having good grades, there wasn’t anything in her life she felt worth living. Her father left when she was just 6, so now 10 years later her and mom argued like it was a routine. The day began like any other; walking alone, talking to no one, and sitting in the back of the class. Until she noticed that the guy at the desk wasn’t her homeroom teacher, but an odd looking substitute teacher. His name was Mr. Cedar and his first request as substitute was giving us a weird English assignment. The assignment was to plan your own murder and this caught Riley’s attention. She has always thought of dark and scandalous events happening to her and now she could fulfill them on paper. Riley wrote every gruesome detail; the place, time, date, and weapon. The only thing she left a mystery was the murderer, but she still eagerly finished first. The next day on her bike ride to school, a car pulled out in front of her. One thing turned to another and she ended up in the backseat tied up and duct taped. What shocked her even more was who else to kidnap her then the substitute teacher, Mr. Cedar.  He gave a big grin and said, “What an interesting paper, Riley Andrews!”

Blurryface_ BRONZE, Auburn, California

"I didn't get my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire to become a Jedi."

whoa ok that was a plot twist AND a cliffhanger could you maybe write a part two to this story i really wanna see what happens to her.