Wonder? | Teen Ink

Wonder?

April 25, 2016
By carrosav000 BRONZE, Anonymous, Other
carrosav000 BRONZE, Anonymous, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What is happening right now? Kira, who I thought was my best friend, but now I’m not so sure, well ever since this year, she stopped hanging out with me to hang out with the popular girls. Now she will be having a party and over half of the 8th grade at Redwood Middle School was invited, but not me.
I am a little bit confused right now to why I was not invited to this party. I have been Kira’s best friend almost her whole life, I at least thought I would be invited to her party! I intend to find out why she invited most everyone but me, and maybe come to this party.
Maybe I could just get in with the cool kids, and into her group, so then she will become my best friend again. But the thing is, I’m not so sure how to do that. Well, there is that dance tryout which I know that  a few of the popular girls might be there. I was going to try out for that anyway, and I am an AMAZING dancer. There are only three spots. I think that it will be me, Zoey, who is one of her new friends who is also very good, and then I don’t really know who else. Maybe if it is Kira, then she will become my best friend again!
I was anxiously waiting for last period to get over so I could race to the dance tryouts. Science class. Three, two, one, Ding! Ding! I ran out of the classroom and to my locker, grabbed my dance bag, and hustled to the gym.
There were about ten girls there. There were a few girls I didn’t know, and then there were some of those popular girls (including Kira,) and there was this girl named Summer that I knew a little bit from elementary school, but not too much.
Summer smiled at me, but before I could talk to anyone, Mrs. Santanario walked in.
“Hello my fellow dancers,” she said in an excited tone, “Today, as you all know, are here to tryout for the dance to be in a  dance number in ‘The Nutcracker’ special performance! I am excited for the three who will make it, but a fair warning for before we begin.
“If you make it, there is going to be a very big time commitment in this. You will be here every day after school for an hour and a half, for two months. If you can’t make this commitment, I suggest that you walk out the exit right now.”
A few of girls that I didn’t know looked at each other, and they left. Now there were only seven girls left. I have been dancing for my whole life, I can handle this, I thought.
So we danced the number, and I think that I did great! So the next day I was anticipating for the list. I went to check it out. It was first, Zoey, then, ME!! YAY! Then last but not least it was…
Summer?? One time she told me that she was only dancing for two years! Oh well I just have to make what I can with Zoey.
The first day of tryouts actually went really well. I actually got along really well with Zoey I think, and Summer was really nice! She wants to hang out with me sometime, I just hope it won’t ruin my chances of being with the other girls. The whole week was great and I think that Zoey liked me! One day while we were at practice she told me,
“Hey Sarah, do you want to be apart of our group?”
“Of course I want to be apart of your group!” Oh no, what did I just do? I thought.
“I mean, that would be sweet.” Saved it.
“Ok cool! We just need to give you the invitation…” She then smirked, which I thought was just a happy smile.
“What do I need to do?”
“You need to jump off of the tallest bridge in the city and into the water.”
How am I supposed to do that without breaking a bone?
“Um… okay.” I smiled weakly
“Great! How about you meet me after dance practice and I’ll take you.”
“Sounds great. See you then!”
It didn’t really sound that great. I needed to think this over. But I needed to get with them so they would like me! This was the only way. After practice she and some of her other friends took me to the bridge, but Kira wasn’t even there.
“Well do it!” One of the girls said.
I looked over, ready to jump. Okay, okay, I got this. My adrenaline was pumping wildly. I was about to jump when I just couldn’t do it.
“I can’t do this!” I said right before I went over, “I’m sorry but I can’t!”
That’s when one of the girls tried to push me over.
“No!” I was falling over when someone grabs my hand. It was Kira. She saved me! I was about to be paralyzed!
“Thank you so much Kira. And by the way, you people are sick.”
That day I realized that I don’t need to be with those girls to have friends. I was not going to be with people that try and hurt me. They weren’t even going to be my friends anyway, that was just some sick, twisted way to hurt me and I don’t understand it. First of all I didn’t tell my mom that and I don’t think I ever will. Second thing is that Summer was very nice and is to this day and she is my new best friend.