Fortitude | Teen Ink

Fortitude

March 9, 2016
By Kmken BRONZE, Georgetown, Texas
Kmken BRONZE, Georgetown, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"See dude, if I don't know the answer I will try to understand it through rambling, so that's how I answers my questions." Dylan chimed into the bustle of confusion that was going on between him and his two friends.
"Let me ask you a real question." Jerramy said, messing around with his friend Ty.
"Why is the sky dark at night?" He throws the question at Ty.
"Because the moon and the Sun is not in the plane of view. It's the color shadows are." Dylan tries to chime in as Ty begins to mumble nonsense.
"Dammit Ty." Jerramy laughs at Ty's inability to come up with a somewhat reasonable reply.
"Why is it black at night? It's because the Earh spins in the opposite direction of the sun." Ty attempts again.
"But that doesn't answer my question as to why it's black!" Jerramy states.
"In Space there is nothing." Ty sounds far off.
"You basically told me okay, well why is nothing black? Why isn't it clear? Because it's dark. Boom. You guys ever thought  about what purgortory would be like?" Jerramy asked.
"A lot like this." Dylan didn't hesitate to give his response.
"Is it like-" Dylan's comment sinks into Jerram'ys mind and they chuckle as he laughs, then he joins in after he stammers, "F***!"
"No, I mean seriously. Would it just be like clear, would it be black? White?" He continues to push.
"It'd be what we see. It'd just be like your experience in between afterlives." Dylan replied.
"Floating in the clouds." Jerramy dreamed.
"It'd be you in a waiting room." Dylan said.
"Nature is trying to tell me to slow down." Ty informed his friends.
"I understand you, sometimes you can get too high." Dylan agreed.