Josh, Oliver, and Charlie | Teen Ink

Josh, Oliver, and Charlie

December 17, 2015
By woshipaul BRONZE, San Jose, California
woshipaul BRONZE, San Jose, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Josh’s alarm clock screeched as he slammed his fist into the irritating clock. He grumbled and dragged himself out of his bed. He nearly collapsed on his way down the stairs to eat his breakfast. Josh ran into the kitchen and swallowed a few pancakes before dashing up the stairs to brush his teeth and take a quick shower. After taking a shower, Josh and his brother Charlie grabbed their backpacks and sprinted to get to the school bus on time.

Soon after they left to go to school their little brother Oliver awakened from his sleep and crawled off his bed. He trudged over to the bathroom to wash his face, making him feel awake and energized. Oliver tumbled down the stairs and over to the refrigerator to grab some food. He skipped over to Josh’s room where he sat down and started to play video games. Oliver relaxed in his favorite chair while snacking on food and playing on his older brother’s video game console.

“Oww!” Oliver exclaimed in agony as the video game controller smashed into his foot.

Wincing in pain from his foot injury, he flung his food in the air, creating an enormous mess in Josh’s room. He dumped his water bottle on the gaming console, soaking it completely.

Oliver realized that he would be in unimaginable trouble if his parents discovered that he had wrecked Josh’s room, so he decided to watch TV and pretend to his parents that he never destroyed Josh’s room.

Later that day, Josh and Charlie came home with their parents and found Oliver watching TV on the couch. When his parents walked up the stairs and found Josh’s room as a mess, they began to yell at Josh.

“What is this huge mess in your room?”, they screamed at Josh as they walked into his room.

Josh scurried up the stairs and muttered to his parents,” I didn’t make this mess… Oliver was the only one at home so he must have made this mess.”

“I did not make the mess!” Oliver said angrily as he was crawling up the stairs.

“Then who is responsible for making the mess in Josh’s room?”, their parents shouted in an angry voice.

Charlie came sprinting up the stairs and said, “I think that Josh was eating in his room and accidentally made this mess.”

“Yes, I agree with him. Josh was the one responsible for making the mess,” Oliver said quietly.

‘“Josh, how could you make this mess? You are already in elementary school. This is unacceptable,” his mom shouted. “You’ve destroyed everything! Do you know how much this cost us? You’re grounded for the rest of this year!”

“This is unfair! How was I supposed to do this when Oliver was the only one staying home!” Josh screamed.

While Josh was sitting in his room cleaning his room, he started to plan his revenge on Oliver. Although it seemed like he was working hard, he was actually planning revenge on Oliver. After he finished cleaning up his room, he concentrated on his revenge plan on getting back at Oliver.

Later that day, Oliver was sound asleep when he heard someone creeping towards his room. He opened his door and looked around but saw nothing but darkness. Suddenly, Josh crept up and attempted to pounce on Oliver, but Oliver was too quick. Oliver punched Josh to the ground and pinned him to the ground. However, Josh was much stronger than Oliver, so he quickly pulled Oliver off of him.

“HELP, HELP!” Oliver hollered as he was being chased around the house by Josh.

“There’s no one to help you now.” Josh said with an evil grin as he held Oliver on the ground.

“I’m sorry for destroying your room!” Oliver whimpered before Josh released him.

“I can tell you aren’t,” he snarled.

They heard a noise upstairs as their parents woke up, wondering what the noise was about. “You won’t tell them a thing about this,” Josh commanded. “I’ll get you again some other time.”

The next morning, Oliver slowly crept down the stairs to tell his parents about Josh’s attack on him earlier that day. However, Charlie sprinted towards Oliver and blocked him from going down the stairs.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Charlie said. “Josh payed me all of his allowance to prevent you from telling our parents about his attack on you.”

Later that day, Oliver got to his parents and admitted that he was the one that caused the mess in Josh’s room. Their parents decided to punish Josh and Oliver because Josh attacked Oliver and Oliver lied about not creating the mess.