Ebenezer Scrooge | Teen Ink

Ebenezer Scrooge

November 11, 2015
By thefelix12 GOLD, San Jacinto, California
thefelix12 GOLD, San Jacinto, California
15 articles 0 photos 0 comments

How can you catch something that has already occurred? In the beginning, Cratchit released him from the leach of dreadfulness and sorrow as Scrooge would describe it. Ebenezer Scrooge first discovers this through the presence of the three ghosts. It’s shown as a dark start for an old man running a business. Scrooge refuses to return back to his old ways as it will bring more despair and anguish. To develop a character like Scrooge only time will tell if the seed will ever sprout into a beautiful creation. Everybody in their existence make a life change event that has the potential to either bring hope or destroy what has never been created.
Christmas, by many is known as the day to spend time with the people cherishes and love. Scrooge can’t find that love or cherishment from the people he’s more close to. For example, his father desires Scrooge to return home because he is kinder. His father spoke to him through Fan encouraging life acceptance and change. Scrooge was shown to be a person able to make a grand influence to the reader. This created a start for Scrooge he just has to reach the finish line. Why doubt yourself in a situation that will benefit you? It’s not what changed Scrooge it’s whether he will follow it to see the outcome to his choice. The Ghost of Christmas past really explains why Scrooge is the man he is. Scrooge has been through this road plenty of time before and knowing that if he doesn’t change his ways he will suffer for eternity.
Scrooge has endured many trials for his way of thinking. Tiny Tim motivates him tremendously because of his dedication to not worry about the small things. Scrooge wanted to save his life because he has something that Scrooge doesn’t and his conditions could relate to Scrooges sufferings. Scrooge had seen many deaths and Spirits throughout his life. The Second Spirit makes all his sadness gradually disappear by showing other families celebrating this wonderful holiday. It makes it all worth taking in that Scrooge is judging a family who has difficult times balancing their way of life. The scene of Scrooge trying to make a quick choice for changing his aspect towards Christmas lets him speak out. Scrooge just wants to choose between two unpredictable choices.
This change is someone so judgmental takes time. Scrooge believes there is something to be made here, but it will take some getting used to. Tiny Tim opened a new place in Scrooge’s life as a misunderstood individual. He gave him hope in what he can do. The reader to leave with a message that Christmas is not about self-worth, but helping those who need it the most and in this case it’s Tiny Tim.