Knollwood Farm | Teen Ink

Knollwood Farm

By xx185 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
xx185 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

When I was six years old I found myself a treasure that would last a lifetime. I can imagine it like yesterday; pulling up to a mysterious grey, large farm on a sizzling hot summer day.  What is this place? Horses are big and scary. I thought.

Located off Oakwood Rd and Horseshoe bend, this beautiful, historic farm has been in Waukesha since the mid-1920’s. Throughout the decades, it has taken on a multitude of different names. However, today’s era knows it as Knollwood Farm Ltd.

Twelve years later, I continue to visit my found treasure multiple times a week. The bond you have with the horse is unlike any other. To a rider, a horse is not just a pet; they are a partner and a teammate. Each visit is unique, because you never know what you’re going get.

Knollwood has been around for generations; some have had their children and grandchildren grow up involved in the sport. It started out small, but over the years has become one of the most prestigious riding schools in the country.

Knollwood has taught multiple students confidence, respect, and hard work. The farm is much more like a second home to myself and many other riders. From starting out small, to being a wellknown riding school it will always be the best treasure in Waukesha County.