Emotions Hidden In A Figure | Teen Ink

Emotions Hidden In A Figure

April 14, 2015
By KatelynH. SILVER, Mason, Michigan
KatelynH. SILVER, Mason, Michigan
7 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Failing is giving you another chance to try again


Its well past midnight by now. Tears streak my face as my memorys collide into one catastrophic bomb imside my brain. So many are stained by the devils doing. So many reaching inside my chest and pulling out whats left of my heart as if it was as simple as unplugging a lamp, recoiling it from its power, leaving a cold body behind.

I can feel its presence now. Its always been there, waiting, watching my every move trying to find a weak spot than calling the devil just so it can watch me suffer. It lives inside me. Feeding on my flesh. Sucking me dry until i look like a pale, little rasin.

It was there the day my parents and me got in the car to go to the zoo. It was sitting next to me wearing all black and no seatbelt. We were just minutes away when a Chevy impailed the drivers side setting off both mommys and daddys air bags. Mommy was killed instantly and put in a black zip up bag that hid her bloody face. Daddy was laying on a thin bed, blood gushing from the wound on his left side. Even with all of the bandages, medication, and people, they still wouldnt be able to save him.

"Daddy!" I screamed as I ran to him. I wanted to have him wrap me in his tight warm hug the way he did when I left to shool. Tears flooded my eyes. The tears that no little girl should cry.

"Hey baby. Da-da-daddys just got a little cut on his side an-and these pe-people are hear to help." His face tightened with pain. More blood seeped out. People crowded pushing me away.

"Daddy!" I yelled but no one seemed to hear me.

"Annie, I-I love yo...." His voice fell silent. People started to dissappear. Most going to the wreckage. He was limp when I reached him. His body as cold as autum nights. The life drained out of his eyes, and I watched.

Another tear rolls down my cheek. I can taste the salt on my lips. The dead Fall leaves crackle under my feet as I walk the stone path. It breathes behind me. I stop. My breath is is almost transparent in the dark night. I can feel it glowing eyes burn into my almond skin. I always know when its near. A striking pain stabes me in the heart causing me to loose breath and beome dizzy.

I can feel the coolness of the metal blade that rests on my right hip. Im ready to slice it open in a second. Ready to end this cursed nightmare. I survived its wrath and evilness. Ready to avenge my parents death. Its only a few feat behind me. I can feel it in my heart and mind. My hand rests on the blade now, grasping the wooden handle. I pull it out slowly and carefully trying not to cause attention. With all of my anger and strength I lunge the knife behind me where it satnds.

Its gone.

Once again, I have been beat by the one thing that drives me to the breaking point. The one that makes my life a living hell. The one who killed my parents and made sure I was there to watch it all. The one that is always there in the shadows making you live and die at the same time. The one also known as.....

Fear.