An Unfulfilled Life | Teen Ink

An Unfulfilled Life

January 28, 2015
By Skiman GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Skiman GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
13 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There is a time and a place for everything." - Professor Oak


No one is ever honest all the time unless they’re Johnny. Johnny never once lied and it seemed to only get him into more trouble. In school he would always confess to his pranks, his slacking and to breaking things. At home as a kid he would constantly get in trouble for all his wrongdoings unlike his little brother who lied his way out of every situation and was treated like a prince.

When Johnny grew up and got a job, he would always be fired within a week for confessing for doing something wrong. Nobody really cared that he screwed up, because it was only minor problems each time; the problem was that Johnny was annoying about it, constantly whining and complaining about his faults.

Johnny would also be too honest in social situations. When asked “How do I look?” by a girlfriend, Johnny would reply with his honest thoughts (which was rarely a complement). He would tell his friends off much more than he should when they screwed up and told his kids that their drawings and mud pies were “absolutely horrible.”

By the time Johnny was an old man, he had four ex wives, six children who would never talk to him, seventy-two would be friends scared away, five angry neighbors, two dead parents, and a lying snake for a brother.

And on his death bed, his doctor heard him say, “Make sure you lie a little, like I should have.”


The author's comments:

Just a little something weighing the benefits of lying and being honest.