Mother knows best | Teen Ink

Mother knows best

December 5, 2014
By Bihai_Vong BRONZE, Dalton, Georgia
Bihai_Vong BRONZE, Dalton, Georgia
2 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't have a problem with people who don't like me, but I do have a problem with those who pretend to.",unknown


Mother Knows Best


prologe


A scream was heard when a car was suddenly parked. Why wouldn’t he just drop it and let her go?!


Evangeline was looking over her book in silence as she heard a car alarm go off. Oh no, it was Jenifier again. Jenny had recently been in so much trouble it wasn’t funny.


Constantly ,the childish woman would disobey her, and leave her no choice but to take away things liked by Jenifer. Her car, her ineternet, she even got to take away her privalage to see her boyfriend in the fraternity house. Thank goodness she had lost her key.


Evangeline heard a door slam, and yellling as well. There was a femminine voice, and then there was a slick manly voice. Of course it was Johnny. That man always yelled or hit Jenifer. It was probably time to bail her out of the doghouse once again.


“Jenifier! You know not to stand against me in an argument!”,she then heard the sound of skin hitting skin.

Jenifer had been told constantly to leave him, but never managed to. Jeniferlet out a cry of pain. That was when Evangeline ran downstairs, pistol out of it’s holister.


“Johnny, I have told you time and time again not to touch her. It’s the end for you.”,Evangeline threatened, pointing the gun at him. Johnny didn’t know Evangeline, for she had a constant pokerface and solid tone that never seemed to change.


“Woah Evangaline, lets not do anything we’re gonna regret now.”


“Johnny you already have. WAY too many times.”,she said with rage filling her emotionless face. She then aimed the gun at his chest, and cocked the gun. If anyone, ANYONE, dared to hit or harm her little daughter; she would kill them.


A voice broke through her thoughts.


“You! Drop the gun this instant!”,she heard a voice scream to her.
Evangeline’s head snapped to the side. It was the collage’s officer, the burly old man whom was retiring just next month. For his looks and size, he was quite the runner and marksman. 


“Mr.Tim, I cannot let him go unpunsihed. He threatened me and hit Jenifer. This is just self defense.”


The old man looks at Jen, her face had a large knuckle print on her left cheek.


“Ms, I’m, gonna have to ask you to come with-“,he was cut off as Evangeline grabbed Jenifer and ran, ran like there was no tomorrow.


The author's comments:

There are two young girls, one motherly and the other ramboncious. What happens when the younger one shall disobey her 'mother'? Will the mother get her into more trouble then she can bare?

 

(Part one)