Forever Yours, Lily | Teen Ink

Forever Yours, Lily

September 18, 2014
By variant SILVER, Wright City, Missouri
variant SILVER, Wright City, Missouri
6 articles 6 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
What a slut time is, she screws everybody.
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars


Mama,

        I tried to call you last night, but daddy says there aren't phones in Heaven. I miss you. It's been a while since I saw that beautiful face smiling down on me, and I wish I could see it one last time. I remember the days we'd go to the park and we'd laugh and play. That is the mommy I remembered. Then you changed. You became mean and cranky. I didn't understand at first, but daddy told me. He said you were an alcoholic. Mommy, what's an alcoholic?

        Why did you drink and drive mama? You could have killed us both. I was so scared when the car spun out of control, I screamed for you to stop but you wouldn't. After the big boom, all I can remember is you screaming my name, then my journey to Heaven. It was scary.  But I met daddy there, and he promised I would be okay.

        Mommy was it worth it? Was my death, worth the pain you wanted to ease? I was only ten years old, and I had my whole life ahead of me, but now I have nothing mommy. I'm a ghost that no one else can see, an angel watching down on you. I was your baby, and now I'm nothing.

Forever Yours, 
Lily


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences