At that moment | Teen Ink

At that moment

September 15, 2014
By EttieGH GOLD, Mbabane, Other
EttieGH GOLD, Mbabane, Other
15 articles 2 photos 46 comments

She sat down on the top of the sand dune and faced the sky. She absorbed the wind rolling in from the ocean and the sound of the strong waves that weren't marred by the sound of humans or civilization. She burrowed her toes in the warm and soft sand.

She enjoyed her solitude. She didn't quite feel comfortable, knowing that someone could walk up there and destroy the bubble of peace around her, but, she tried to forget that all in the moment. She had to push that thought out of her mind, not wanting to let doubt ruin that moment.

She thought about herself, how she was just like any other teenage girl in the world, and how she wasn't. She also thought about how there, at that moment she was free. She was free from all anxieties and fears and pains, because, they couldn't touch her there. There she could ignore them and forget them.

She decided to respect the cultures in the world that honored nature as Beings, as Great Forces. She felt no judgements rolling in from the sea, no probing questions. Instead, she felt comfort. She understood that the people in her life who asked just wanted to show their love and interest, and yet, that wasn't what she wanted. She wanted solitude, space.

She smiled at the ocean.It made her feel complete. She looked up at the sky one last time and then stood up and turned to walk back down the sand dune to where she had come from. She braced herself for a moment then took one last deep breath and then let her bubble get shattered by people, reality.


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences