PUSH! | Teen Ink

PUSH!

July 31, 2014
By JacobTheOrdinary PLATINUM, Rancho Cucamonga, California
JacobTheOrdinary PLATINUM, Rancho Cucamonga, California
43 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Fiction is the lie that tells the truth."


I stood on the edge and I jumped. I was pushed. Yeah, I know I just said I jumped, I was pushing the edge though. I was pushed to and past the breaking point. I've always been pushed. I was pushed out of the house when my parents told me to get a life. I was pushed away when I tried to hit on the girls at bar. I was pushed into the gutter by more muscular men. Hell! I was pushed in the halls of high school when I just wanted to get to my next class. I'm just a pushover man. I would get up just get pushed over again until I just laid on the ground knowing that if I get up I would get push back down. See, I got pushed to the edge. That's why I jumped or at least wanted to jump. I was always too cowardly to push back or to jump. I've always relied on getting pushed around to guide me through life. Now, it pushed me to the edge. I need to rely on myself now and not my dependability. It's now time, jump off the edge or push back.


The author's comments:
I found this short piece fun to write. It includes troubles in suicide and bullying which no one should have to deal with but, thanks to society, is more common than it should be. Also, no. It has no connections to Say Anything's song "Push" but that's still a good song.