A Look into the Future | Teen Ink

A Look into the Future

By arichman40 PLATINUM, Basalt, Colorado
arichman40 PLATINUM, Basalt, Colorado

"Never judge a book by its cover"

Alyssa Kay died peacefully in her home after suffering a major seizure on May 13, 2084. She was 90 years old. She was surrounded by family and friends in her New York City apartment.

Alyssa was born in Denver, CO at the Children’s Hospital on March 31, 1994 to Alan and Suzanne. She was born with Cerebral Palsy and struggled with it as a youung girl. But as she grew up, she overcame her challenges to become a famous writer who sold many copies of her short stories and a guidence counslor. She loved life in the city and believed she would never find love, She came to accept that fact, from the way her life had been socially.She admitted to close friends and family that she would grow old surrounded by many cats. Miraculouslly she opened herself to love and had a family of her own with her brilliant firefighter husband Andrew two daughters, Gracyn and Lilian and cat Tiger. Though she was able to control her seizures for most of her life with medication, she finally tired of taking it a year before, ultimately leading to her death. She kept up her practice until she retired at the age of 75, but continued to write until her death. She is survived by her two daughters and plans to be buried next to her husband at the New York City Marble Cemetery so they can be together again. A funeral is planned for June 24, 2084.