Chapter one R&J | Teen Ink

Chapter one R&J

March 26, 2014
By KrB247 BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
KrB247 BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I got up around 7:00 and pulled on skinny jeans and an all time low tee, humming wonder wall as I walked down the stairs.
"Robin, don't forget we have dinner guests tonight" my mom yelled as I walked out the door grabbing my keys to my 72" red Chevy.
Hoping into my truck I drove to a place you may call school but I call hell. When I got out at the school I was greeted by my best friends Sadie, Anne, and Layla.
"How was your winter break" Anne asked sipping her iced latte.

"It was okay I guess, we got new neighbors, we're having them over for dinner tonight, and before you ask Layla I don't know if they have kids, girls or boys, or if their son is pretty" I made sure to explain to Layla before she could bombard me with questions.
I walked on running into what felt like a brick wall, expecting to hit the concrete I closed my eyes and waited for the pain to kick in. Once it didn't I opened my eyes to see a blue eyed, dark haired guy.

"Do you always run into people?" He said with a sexy smirk as he pulled me up, his hands still on my waist.

"S...Sorry"I stuttered blushing as a few people walked up

"Hey Jordan It's nice to see you again, when did you get back" the black haired guy said. 'Get back' I thought staring into his beautiful blue eyes. A few moments later his face turned and the dropped me onto the concrete. "What the hell" I yelled

"Oops" he said with a shrug

"Oops?!" I exclaimed angered, I got up and tripped him as he walked towards the door. I got to my locker and put in my combonation 'Why does he look so familiar to me, i thought.

(Flash back, Jordan is seven and Robin is 6)

"Big bird, I missed you" Jordan said hugging me and kissing my cheek

"I'm not that big, Pansy" I said laughing as steam came out of his ears.

"Don't call me that" he said tackling me.

"But you have a girly name" I said trying to push him off of me.

"Take it back, say im not a Pansy or i'll, i'll," he stopped unable to think of anything to say.

"It's my nickname for you, just like yours for me is big bird" I said pushing his scrawny chest.

"Fine but under one condition, promise me when I get back from Europe that you'll be my girlfriend" he said blushing bright red.

"Okay" i smiled brightly and hugged him as his mom came and picked him up from my house

(End of flashback, and chapter)


The author's comments:
I have just started writing this and i thought that since i write on another website i might submit a chapter to teen ink so here it is... It's about Robin and Jordans parents arranging a marriage for them, but they dont like each other like the used to