Advice for an Argument with Your Significant Other | Teen Ink

Advice for an Argument with Your Significant Other

February 22, 2014
By Skiman GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Skiman GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
13 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There is a time and a place for everything." - Professor Oak


Have you been having a spat with you're husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/dog/cat/refrigerator/xbox? Well good! I'm here to help!

Now to start off, everyone says to address the problem. Don't do that. You want to twist the problem so its no longer your problem. The more guilt you can push off of you and onto your significant other, the better.

The best way to push guilt is through lines such as, but not limited to:
1. Don't you remember what you promised?
2. You've changed!
3. Stop trying to change me!
4. This is your fault, if you wouldn't have (insert crazy accusation of your choosing here), we would've never been in this whole mess!
5. (My personal favorite) Screw you, you cause every single one of my problems in my entire life.

If you want to guilt trip your significant other even further, turn to Facebook or any other social media network of your choice. To start off you'll need a sad picture. If you're a guy splash water on your face to make it look like you were crying, wear an old hoodie and pajama pants. Now if you're a girl, smear your makeup, like a crap ton, like so much people will mistake you for a gorgon, or maybe a were wolf. Your wardrobe will need to consist of a zip up sweater that goes down to mid-thigh, nothing else. Trust me, it will look extremely cute and won't make you look loose at all.

Now that you're in proper attire you'll need to focus on the selfie. You'll have to point the photographing device of your choosing at yourself and look off into the distance. Don't be afraid to try different poses, just remember your goal is to guilt your significant other and ultimately save your relationship.

Ok, now comes for some carefully picked words: The post itself. You might want to start things out with a heart wrenching quote about making relationships work or the problems you're having going through this. Next thing you'll need is some sincere groveling, for instance, “i know i hurt you, but come back :( i need you :'( i know im stupid but come back, we can make things work :).” Top notch groveling right there that will bring your other half back every time.

Okay, now that you've pushed your guilt on your partner, and they're down on themselves, begging for forgiveness, you'll need to make them feel like there's no problem at all. Just tell them that they shouldn't feel bad. Since you just guilted them, you'll need to make it seem like it just blows over. A common thing to do is console them, say things like:
Don't worry, you're ok, I don't care anymore, we can move on, we're stronger now, or babe we've got so much swag we'll always be together.

If you come up with your own ideas that's good too, but this is a good place to start to make sure you know what you're doing to save your relationship.


The author's comments:
This is my first attempt at a satire. Please, take none of this seriously, its a collection of observations made on Pop Culture/Social Media.