Reality | Teen Ink

Reality

By DahAsianBoy SILVER, Bear, Delaware
DahAsianBoy SILVER, Bear, Delaware

It’s a sunny day, so warm and beautiful. Some white, puffy marshmallow clouds are floating freely in the sky, like white fish in the sea. The slight breeze whispers through the luscious green trees and makes waves through the fresh green grass, making a soft whooshing sound, like someone shushing softly to a baby. It’s the kind of day that can really make someone tired, sleepy, and overall peaceful. Resting back, looking up to the sky, patterns formed in the sky, marshmallows turning into cars, animals, and even faces. The sun moves slowly through the sky, jumping behind clouds every now and then. It was the kind of day that you never want to let go. Drifting now, drifting, drifting, slowly falling asleep. Suddenly, a large and rather alarming loud sound. Eyes shoot open, sitting up now, looking around quickly, things begin to get fuzzy and blurred. A flash of light, blinding the unready eyes, goes through the sky. Suddenly, its cold and everything changes. Blue sky turns into white ceiling and four white walls. Warm, beautiful sun turns into overhanging, bright light. Lush green trees and wavy green grass turn into white porcelain tiles and racks with nothing on them. It was just a dream, and this is reality.

I had a dream one day, where it started off really nice and happy and peaceful, and I was happy. But then all of a sudden, I heard something loud that was in the real world that took me by surprise, and then everything changed into a blank room and I suddenly became cold. This article was also inspired by day dreaming and thinking back on the dream I had had the prior night.