If there's a will, there's a way | Teen Ink

If there's a will, there's a way

October 31, 2013
By Chunk BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Chunk BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"stay strong, remember what we're fighting for"


There comes a time in everyone’s life where you have to ask yourself if what you’re doing is worth the risks you’re taking. This happened to me when I wanted to go on tour with my band. We felt like we were making good music and had a change in the “big leagues”. But it seemed like all of our friends and fans became critics. I was faced with a difficult decision. Should I stay with my family and be an ordinary high school student? Or should I finish out school and leave with my band to find show opportunities. I was also stuck wondering if I should do what pleases everybody else or do what’s best for me and my band. I put every single penny I had into this, that’s how much it meant. I did whatever I needed to be successful and it paid off. I reached my goal despite the obstacles in my way. The risk was worth the reward. If I had to go back in time, I would not change a thing. I am grateful for what I have. I can finally enjoy every second of my life. I was told that if you believe in something, go after it, do whatever you can do to achieve your goal. Little did I know, at the time that would be the best advice I have ever received. At times I felt as if we weren’t good enough to succeed. At least that’s what everybody said. Everything I went through to get to the top doesn’t matter now because I made it. Now all the people that doubted us are the ones supporting us. Selling out shows and getting tattoos of our band on their wrists. I’ve learned that through all the struggles, to keep my head up and believe that I can do whatever I want. Everything has come full circle. Our fans turned critics until we became successful. Our families didn’t care but now they’re at every show. Were at the top of the world and were never coming down. It is engraved into my head, if there’s a will there’s a way.


The author's comments:
this was inspired by my favorite song