The Battle | Teen Ink

The Battle

By elites5 SILVER, Langley, Other
elites5 SILVER, Langley, Other

Lined up along the wall like soldiers ready for battle. Weopons in hand ready to aim and fire at the enemy's side. A bead of sweat trickles down the back of my neck, and I take a deep breath fixating on my target. The whistle sounds and the war commences. I duck and pivot, dodging and running from the bullets shooting around my head. Bodies start falling and collapsing on the hard, clammy floor. I hit the deck as another shot just misses my pounding head. My ears are ringing from the booms that richocet off the walls and echo throughout the arena. I hear the cries and moans of the wounded begging to be freed. I glance around the battlefield and realize that I am the only one left standing. I will be heading to no mans land and I might make it out alive. I go near the boundary line and release my weopon at the same time my opponent does. Before I can duck out of the way, something hard slams into my stomach knocking the air out of my lungs. It feels like I am falling in slow motion like a Disney movie, "Timber!" then I collapse onto the ground. I want to cry with defeat, but I cannot move. My legs and arms feel paralyzed with disappointment and my head feels like a giant bruise. I hear the cries and cheers of victory from across the battleground. The victors jump up and down as if he won World War 111. I am disappointed, but it was only a harmful game of dodgeball.

I just thought of the idea while I was sitting in the library. Please give feedback! :)