The Battle | Teen Ink

The Battle

September 20, 2013
By elites5 SILVER, Langley, Other
elites5 SILVER, Langley, Other
9 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Lined up along the wall like soldiers ready for battle. Weopons in hand ready to aim and fire at the enemy's side. A bead of sweat trickles down the back of my neck, and I take a deep breath fixating on my target. The whistle sounds and the war commences. I duck and pivot, dodging and running from the bullets shooting around my head. Bodies start falling and collapsing on the hard, clammy floor. I hit the deck as another shot just misses my pounding head. My ears are ringing from the booms that richocet off the walls and echo throughout the arena. I hear the cries and moans of the wounded begging to be freed. I glance around the battlefield and realize that I am the only one left standing. I will be heading to no mans land and I might make it out alive. I go near the boundary line and release my weopon at the same time my opponent does. Before I can duck out of the way, something hard slams into my stomach knocking the air out of my lungs. It feels like I am falling in slow motion like a Disney movie, "Timber!" then I collapse onto the ground. I want to cry with defeat, but I cannot move. My legs and arms feel paralyzed with disappointment and my head feels like a giant bruise. I hear the cries and cheers of victory from across the battleground. The victors jump up and down as if he won World War 111. I am disappointed, but it was only a harmful game of dodgeball.


The author's comments:
I just thought of the idea while I was sitting in the library. Please give feedback! :)