Imaginary Thoughts | Teen Ink

Imaginary Thoughts

July 13, 2013
By Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
15 articles 0 photos 63 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams


I’m laying here in a patch of sand in the yard. Just staring up at the sky. There is n0thing left for to do right now, so I reminisce. I think of when I was younger, how this was always the spot that I would be doing something. Whether digging my way to an imaginary land in my head or searching for buried treasure that I created to entertain my own childish desires, or even just to escape from reality and dig myself a pit to call my own. No matter how far I dug though it was always refilled when I was done and again would repeat the process within a couple of weeks. Then there is the memory of taking my small toy cars and letting them drive along an imaginary track. Oh how much everything has changed. From youth to teen adolescence, life has been turned upside down and reshaped time and time again. Understanding and confusion blending into one huge mess. Never knowing what exactly it is I felt. Learning from the mistakes I have made and carefully watching the lives of others to learn from them and better myself without the trial and error process. But I tend not to dwell on the past too much to avoid memories that I have long since repressed or have alreadt learned its true value and have discarded the excess baggage somewhere else. I think of what I have now and appreciate it because I know everything can change in a heartbeat, for better or for worse and even the strongest bonds can shatter. As my subconscious flutters away and I once again begin to trace the skyline with a little more resolve I notice a bird. I watch it carefully as it soars and dips and dives through the air. I begin to think of once when I thought that they were truly free. But everything is bound to something whether we like it or not. Whether our past or our future or something that wont let us go in the here and now, we will always have a chain to drag.


The author's comments:
Just a poem I created from my own own imagination and thoughts that I had one time while reflecting on life.