A father cradling his newborn daughter | Teen Ink

A father cradling his newborn daughter

By helliott27 BRONZE, Hopkinton, Massachusetts
helliott27 BRONZE, Hopkinton, Massachusetts

When you think of giving birth, it really doesn’t sound pleasant. The one and only amazing thing that comes from all of the pain, is the life you bring to the earth. The precious little baby that you and your husband call your own. We are going to name this baby Cassandra. Your baby is a beautiful little girl.
When your baby takes her first breath, she is slimy, bloody and a little green; she needs to be cleaned off before you hand her over to your husband because you want her to look absolutely perfect for him. After the nurses clean your baby girl off, they hand him to Jim.
“Congratulations, you are now known as Daddy.” The nurse tells Jim. He takes itty bitty Cassandra in his big, muscular arms and he looks down on his daughter. You can see in his eyes that she is the most beautiful thing he has ever seen in his life.
“I love you Cassandra. More than anything in the entire world. You are my little angel.” Jim tells the baby.
You can already tell the bond that they are going to have. You also have to let out a little sigh and thank God that she doesn’t look like an alien with a giant baby head. Also be grateful for Jim.
I never thought a motorcycle guy with his arms covered in tattoos would look normal holding a little baby girl. But Jim fits the part of being a Dad, perfectly. You think to yourself and smile.

I had to write about a father cradling his newborn daughter and I decided I wanted to write it in 2nd person to make the reader feel like they were there.

JaneN said...
Hannah--I like the use of 2nd person. The story makes me think of Mrs. D and her little treasure.