Two Hearts | Teen Ink

Two Hearts

March 20, 2013
By carolinestarr PLATINUM, Ellicott City, Maryland
carolinestarr PLATINUM, Ellicott City, Maryland
28 articles 2 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's not about who we are, but who we choose to be."


I can hear the hear thu-thumping of his heart as I affectionately lay my head against his chest. I like to think that the only reason his heart is beating is because of me. Of course I know it's not true, you know, biology and stuff. But, it's nice to think that I am the one that can make his world turn. I am the one that fuels this wonderful human being to be the creative, funny, and caring guy whom I love so much. Thu-thump. I'm not in his heart, I am his heart. I am a part of him, forever and always. Nothing can separate us.

I sneak a peek up at his beautiful, sleeping face. Thu-thump. His eyes are so peaceful and calm. For a moment I want to know what he is dreaming about, but then I abandon the thought. He is at peace, and that is all that matters to me. I can't help but to continue to watch him sleep. As I press my left hand against his face and give him a quick kiss, I look at the amazing ring that adorns my ring finger and think about what it means. I will be sharing my life with this man. My happiness, my sadness, my accomplishments, and my failures . Everything I am belongs to him, and everything he is belongs to me. My heart begins to beat in-sync with his. Thu-thump (thu-thump). Thu-thump (thu-thump). That is what our lives are now. Two hearts forming into one, forever and always connected.