Drink. | Teen Ink

Drink.

September 14, 2012
By PoisonMind PLATINUM, Vallejo, California
PoisonMind PLATINUM, Vallejo, California
30 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There is no sight for those who won't let themselves see."


Take a glass out. The usual glass, the only thing in the cupboard.
Set it on the table.
Open the freezer. Feel the chilled bottle stick to warm skin.
Set it on the table.

Pull out the wooden kitchen chair. The one with crayon marks on the legs where some child scribbled on it years ago. Sit down. Take a deep breath. It'll help release the tension in your head. Or, at least, that's what they tell you. It still has yet to work.

Firmly grasp the tall bottle. Open the top, watch the clear liquid flow into crystal. Set the bottle down. Put the glass to your lips.

Drink.

Notice the burning sensation in your throat as the fluid slips down. The taste of numbness. The taste you used to hate. Now it's simply just a taste. Like water. Nothing.

And that's what you feel. Nothing. You try so hard to feel. Anything. Confusion, sadness, happiness, joy, peacefulness, contempt. There is nothing. Everything is so empty.

Including the glass in your hand.


The author's comments:
This was inspired by my friend, Aaron. He was texting me, and sent me a message that read, "I'm going to write about a lonely drunk, you should too." So, I did. I wrote it in ten minutes, and showed him. His reaction was, "Wow, at first its like instructions, then you realize this person's really messed up."
His reaction made me laugh.