How It Happened | Teen Ink

How It Happened

By datrumpeter PLATINUM, Jefferson City, Missouri
datrumpeter PLATINUM, Jefferson City, Missouri

'Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes. that way, when you insult them, you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes.'

I’m not going to sit here and pretend it all makes sense to me, because it doesn’t. I’m not going to try to explain it to you, either, because you won’t understand any more than I do. It started with a cry. The cry grew to scream. A silent scream, the kind of scream you can only hear if your eyes are open. The scream became a cut, the cut became many cuts. The cuts led to the pills. The pills faltered, so the cuts took over. They always did their work right. The scream never actually left, just faded to the background. The cuts went on vacation and were temporarily replaced by healing. The healing couldn’t do it right though, so the cuts came back. The cuts led to more pills, but once again, the pills couldn’t do what they were supposed. The cuts were fired and replaced by laughter. But laughter is fleeting. The cuts came back, with new friends, burns. Who knows what will come next? Certainly not me. I’m not the one who hired the cuts in the first place. And after they were hired, they took control.