And, I Thought of Her | Teen Ink

And, I Thought of Her

By applesauceHater SILVER, Nikolaevsk, Alaska
applesauceHater SILVER, Nikolaevsk, Alaska

Her hand brushes mine. And for the rest of our lives we are here now. Her mouth curves into a smile, forming dimples in her cheek; and she turns her head just so as she felt the heat rush to her cheeks. She’s embarrassed. She quickly moves her hand away, but didn't apologise. I didn't want her too.
I stare deep into her blue eyes; piercing my heart, over and over again. She sways her hand forward and caresses my cheek. I feel the warmth from her touch fading into me. She slowly leans forward and I do the same.
My legs lost their strength and my body came crashing to the ground. My heart wants to escape as it began to beat louder and louder against my chest. The world around me is quiet. A hollow silence echoing a faint laugh of death. I knew this part is a dream. It could never be real. Bombs bursting around me, penetrating and cracking the ground with every blow and sending it towards the sky. The bombs didn't fall near me. I was thinking of her. Soldiers ran, but they merely look frozen to me, leaving me to watch their agony; their pain in their faces. Why wouldn't it go faster? I couldn't bear it. I want to go back! I saw enough!
The sky is dark, plagued by the clouds the angels created. They too could not bear to watch it any longer.
And, I thought of her. May I escape this nightmare.
"I love her, you hear!!!" I yell to the world.
"No one else could have her. It was me who was going to give the ring to her. Me who was going to care for her, be there for her, and no man ever would love her like me!"
Tears cloud my vision, blurring my nightmare but the tormented faces burn my mind and the lifeless bodies cut my soul.
And, I thought of her.
My heartbeat began to slow and death came singing louder.
And, I thought of her.
I put my hand on my chest, soaking it in my blood. It felt warm against my skin, but it made Death hover over my body, like a vulture.
"I love her." I whisper, hoping Death would have a heart. His cold pale hand lifts his scythe, and his black robe was my vision fading. I was too weak to keep them open, and as my last heartbeat beat strong, I thought of her.

What would you think of in your moment of dying?

Thank you very much. It means alot(one of the most well-praising quotes I've seen). And yes, everyone has different views, but critisiscm to appraisel, they all ,equally, help me get stronger as a writer. Thank you again for commenting. Much Appreciation!

on Mar. 5 2012 at 10:12 am
loveissmiles GOLD, Lynn, Indiana

"I live for the nights I can't remember with the people I will never forget." -Carassisa M-<3

"What the mind can perceive, the body can achieve." -Softball Coach Steve B-

i totally disagree with the person who said this wasn't well written. It is written with raw emotion bursting out of every word. It's heartbreaking, and hard to accept, but that's what makes it worth reading. It's lovely, but morbidly so. And i love it. Don't change a thing, the only people who don't like it are the ones who either 1.) have never felt pain 2.) Are trying to forget what it feels like to feel pain, or 3.) are just plain normal. (Would say crazy, but that's me and i love it!) But seriously, it's honest, and painful, and perfectly so.

h sweet:)quotes are fixed:)thankyou teenink

VandalSpirit DIAMOND, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of Gods great love, we are not consumed. His compassion never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

I really liked the concept and the emotion but it wasn't written too well. Great story, kinda bad grammer and not enough flow, but really it was very nice.

BluBliss GOLD said...
on Dec. 10 2011 at 10:55 am
BluBliss GOLD, New York, New York

Bella's love for Edward was like, "Omg. He's hot. He's mine because he sparkles. Now I'll brood the wholle book while I'm with him."

I remember you put this in a forum thread. :) I really liked it. Especially the beginning. It was really cool and well written, his cries and the personalification of death.

In my moment of dying... I'd be thinking of, "Sh.it... I just wasted my life."

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

I guess they put &quot when you forget the quotation marks though I'm not sure why they can't be added...Anyways this piece was FANTASTIC, so sad! I guess when I die I would want to watch over the ones I love and would want them to be happy.  Oh yeah during my funeral for them to wear something pink too! :) :( <3

stupid & quot;