Living A Lie | Teen Ink

Living A Lie

November 12, 2011
By EnigmaticBeing PLATINUM, Santa Barbara, California
EnigmaticBeing PLATINUM, Santa Barbara, California
22 articles 0 photos 51 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be careful what you set your heart upon - for it will surely be yours.'
James A. Baldwin


"I think I might be living a lie" Jane said to herself in the dead silence of the bathroom. She was alone. Again. She had just fought with her boyfriend. Again. Then she came to the realization and professed it to the mirror. "I think I might be living a lie". So she contemplated and marveled at the thought. That maybe her sweet Steven wasn't as great as he seemed. Maybe it was all a facade. Just so he could take her everything and leave her in the dust. It would make more sense. She'd never had much luck in life. Without a father and a mom on meds because her sister was gone. Dead.
Jane knew loneliness and fear. They were her constant companions. They wouldn't leave her alone and so she came to the conclusion that she was right. Her life was a lie. He wasn't all that he was cracked up to be. Then she walked to his house. Apologized for what she did and ignored the truth. She was living a lie because she couldn't handle the truth. No matter how mature she pretended to be.


The author's comments:
I've never really written a story but it felt right, and so I wrote.