The Weddings That Come | Teen Ink

The Weddings That Come

October 18, 2011
By RebeccaJoy DIAMOND, Springville, New York
RebeccaJoy DIAMOND, Springville, New York
56 articles 12 photos 50 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes it's kinda fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney
"Go live your dream"-Disney's Tangled


At the party you embarrassed us both. You should have seen the mess you made at the bar. Broken glass and sticky liquid everywhere.

I did nothing of the sort. The floor was sticky when we got there. She defends herself as she picks a piece of glass out of the heel of her foot.

You weren't even invited to the party. Do you even know who's wedding it was?

Sure I do! It was my wedding. Of coarse I wasn't invited. I don't need an invitation for my own wedding.

If it's your wedding then let me see your ring.

She glanced down at her bare hand. I don't have it yet, it's getting re sized.

Oh yes how could I forget. You have been doing this for years you know...

Doing what?

Getting married, how many time have you been married now?

Well you know, just a few.

You're right, I do know, but do you? My darling you need to stop this.

I'm doing nothing wrong. I'm simply enjoying myself.

You may be enjoying yourself, but no one else it.

Sure others do enjoy me! Why do you think I get invited to so many weddings.

You said those were your weddings.

Well, uh, they were. They are!
Why should others be happy with another human being while I get to live with no one real?

You tell yourself I'm real all the time.

I know but what else can I do?