Peaceful Thoughts | Teen Ink

Peaceful Thoughts

By hiddenangelz211 DIAMOND, Haverhill, Massachusetts
hiddenangelz211 DIAMOND, Haverhill, Massachusetts

Live Laugh Love ~Unknown
I'm selfish, impatient, a little insecure but if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best ~Marilyn Monroe
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. ~James Dean

The sun rises high in the sky. Shades of reds, oranges, and yellows all mix together in an ineffable sea of awakening. The forest is coming to life right before my eyes. A manifold of animals begin scurrying out of their hidden underground fortresses. Birds soar by me shouting their hellos and good mornings to their friends. Sundry flower buds open their petals wide greeting the sun’s sweet rays.

I feel as if I have intruded on their systematic lives. My very reticent existence here is feigned and obtrusive. I feel at peace here though. There are no evils, no monsters causing me peril. There are no dolorous haters in this heavenly world. I wish I could live a simple tractable life in this place. I wish there would never be a reason to abandon its wonders.

I am loathing leaving this heavenly oasis but if I stay I will be found. It is bona fide that the three-thousand dollars in cash in my pocket wasn’t mine yesterday. Its not really mine now either. It’s my sister’s money for her chemotherapy. The city bank wouldn’t give us a loan so I “borrowed” the money. I plan on recompensing them in a few years once I have made enough money at the McDonald’s down the street. For now though, Sandy needs this money, ergo why I pilfered it. I look to the omnipotent sun and I thank him for giving me this chance to finally be that super big brother Sandy has always dreamed of.