Cool Story Bro | Teen Ink

Cool Story Bro

By Determinded97 GOLD, New York, New York
Determinded97 GOLD, New York, New York

Ever wonder what kinds of things might happen when everything is great but you’re caught in other peoples problems? Well, if you didn’t then put this book down. This is the story of how I transformed from a low life annoying nerd to a top popular person. I was the low life nerd in 6th and 7th grades. I have ADHD so that didn’t help. But in 8th grade I came into school controlling myself and somehow changed. I had no idea what was gonna happen next. Basically it was fate that made our friendship. Well, I actually think it was luck. This is how it all started.
Sara and me were sat next to each other in almost every class. She’s the most popular girl in school and amazingly pretty. Her boyfriends name is Sam and her best friends name is Nadia. Sara was extremely nice to me. I don’t know why though. I was way lower on the popularity scale.
Then there was Nadia. We both had learning disabilities so we took an alternate class instead of Spanish. We really bonded during that class because half of the time we were just talking. It was the same with Sara in class.
In October we went to fire island as a school trip. We were going in the second week. On the first week in October, things got a little out of hand. I had two best friends, Megan and Lily. I went out to lunch with them everyday. One day Sara asked me to go with her, so I said yes. When those two found out, they were out of my life. This is the response they gave me,
“ How can you go with her?” Megan yelled,
“ At least she listens to what I have to say and cares about my life and feelings!” I responded,
“ What about us? Are we useless?” yelled Lily,
“ All you do is go on and on about how your life blows, ever thought of mine? No! So I’m glad that she and Nadia are my friends!” I yelled back,
Then I stormed off to the bathroom, my cheeks growing red and tears streaming down my face. When I got there, Sara was alone fixing her hair.
“ Give me a hug,” she told me,
I needed it too. I just cried and cried and she was there to listen to what happened and support me. She then said,
“Those girls are b****es for leaving you, you’re a great friend and I see it. They’re so lucky to have you. What they did was cruel. They stepped all over you and its good you left them.”
Then right at that moment, Nadia came in and she gave me a hug and told me something similar to what Sara had said. Then I said,
“ I love you guys. You’re the nicest friends I’ve ever had”
Then Sara said, “ Well Nadia and me really like you, and you’re both of our best friends.”
That felt so good that I got up and said,
“ You guys are amazing and I want you to know that I’m always here for you.”
Then we went out to lunch and had an amazing time.
After school, Nadia and Sara said to me,
“ Tomorrow, were gonna give you a full makeover. Hair, shoes, clothing, makeup and all that s***.”
“ You dead a**?” I asked
“ Yeah we are, you hype?” asked Nadia punching me playfully.
“Hells yeah!!!!” I exclaimed.
Then I went home and told my mom I had plans tomorrow and she didn’t even protest! Also, she got me a surprise! An I phone 4G! I added all my contacts and told Sara and Nadia I had something to show them when I could.
About an hour later my phone rings. I pick it up and say,
“Hey Sara what’s up?”
“Look out your window!” she yelled
I looked out and sure enough was Sara and Nadia.
“Get dressed we’re going out!” Nadia yelled.
I quickly slipped on my skinny jeans, V-neck and leather jacket. I then did my makeup, hair and ran out the door grabbing $50, my phone and my purse. We went to the boat basin and met people there. Everyone was happy to see me. The people were, Sam, Annie (Nadia’s girlfriend), Anna and Brandon, abbey and Steve, Jane and Leon and Logan. We all sat on the grass and all the couples started to make out. Since Logan and me were the only 2 single people we left them and walked along the dock, catching up. We had been in the same class when I was in 6th grade so it had been a while. We laughed all the memories our class had shared and ones we had experienced. Then something happened. It was really shocking. Sara got up and told Sam to wait because she had to talk to me. She then took me aside where nobody could see us, and she kissed me! Right on the lips! Then she stopped and looked at me. She said,
“I’m sorry, its just that I needed to do that because I used to like you and I still do a bit but not as much as before and I needed to make sure what I was feeling. Just don’t tell anyone ok?”
“ I wont I promise” I assured her
Then we both went back and everyone was gone. Then Sara said,
“ Whatever. Sleep at my house tonight?”
“Sure” I answered.
So we went to her house and we were alone. I felt something inside me jolt as I came back into the room in just a shirt and underwear. Sara was in a tank top and underwear. Her hair was down and the lighting gave her a soft glow. We sat on the bed and she asked me,
“ Did you feel anything when I kissed you?”
“I felt some sparks,” I said softly
“ Can I kiss you again? I don’t even think I can resist,” she whispered
I moved in a little, then brushed her hair off her shoulder and said,
“ I can’t either”
We kissed again then she said she had to pee. When she left, I went to her iPod and put the speakers on a not too noisy level and hid in her closet. Then when she came back I pressed play on the remote. Then song said,
“ I want you to take over control take over control take over control troll”
At that part I came out of her closet and walked toward her and pressed stop. Then I whispered,
“Take over control”
We then ended up just laughing on the bed on how hilarious that was. We decided that we would try other people for a while and then if we felt the same after that, then we’re getting together.

This is the beginning of my book that I'm writing