I need that | Teen Ink

I need that

By its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Life is not measured by the amount of breath's you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

“Did you get my email?” Aaron mouths. He’s half way around the cafeteria, and we are in our silent study hall together. I miss the time when we sat right next to each other. He’s one of my best guy friends, and we had always been laughing when we sat together.

“Yes. I emailed you back right before I went to bed,” I mouthed back. This is how study hall went these days. I had to sit right in front of the teacher, so we couldn’t actually talk. We just read each others lips.

“Brooke, turn around,” the teacher said. I spun around in my chair with a sigh, and opened my notebook. I started to doodle. Eventually, I was grabbing colored pencils from the bin, adding color to my doodles. Before I knew it, I saw Aaron’s eyes staring at me from the paper. They were the exact same blue-green that I just lose myself in every time I see them.

Out of the corner off my eyes, I saw boots standing next to the teacher, and next to me. I looked up a little bit, and saw a hand messing with my eraser. Turning it around, grabbing it in his hand, putting it back on the table, and repeating it. “Can I go to the bathroom?” Aaron asks the teacher.

“Make it quick,” she says in a grumpy voice. He clenches my eraser in his hand, and starts to walk away.

I let him take a few steps before saying, “Aaron, I need that.” I glanced up from doodling, to see him still walking away. He was ignoring me. “Aaron, I need that!” I yelled. He turned around, and I saw a huge grin on his face. He threw my eraser, and I caught it neatly in my hand. I set it on the table, and returned to my doodle.

I could feel the teachers eyes on me. I glanced up, and came eye to eye with her. “So that’s how this is gonna go. You two are gonna flirt all year,” she said. I could feel my cheeks warming as the blush rose. I giggled like a little girl, and just looked back down at my work.

When he came back over to sign the sign out sheet, he took my eraser again. He walked back to his seat before I ever noticed. “Aaron!” I yelled to him.

“What?” he said.

“I need my eraser!” He threw it to me, but this time I didn’t catch it. It landed under the table, and I bent down to get it.

“My point exactly,” the teacher said when I sat back in my seat.

Thanks:) This actually really happened, I just made it seem more dramatic than it actually was.

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

"I may be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it." - Maya Angelou

"Did you know 'I told you so' has a brother, Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up.'" - Bella Swan, Breaking Dawn

Love this! My favorite! It's fun and cute and I really hope there's some sequels!!