Mom,I will always love you. | Teen Ink

Mom,I will always love you.

By Niftygrrl BRONZE, Norfolk, Virginia
Niftygrrl BRONZE, Norfolk, Virginia

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”- dr suess

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
— John Green

Dear Mom,

When I was little I used to sit in the sandbox in the backyard after lunch,I would imagine myself as ten years older.I wanted to grow out my blonde hair,Wear pretty pink dresses and marry my prince.

Well I'm 17 now,I have a blue pixie cutt,I don't own any dresses,But I am getting married to my beatiful girlfriend.
Im gay.Remember, I told you last year and you disowned me?

I hope you come to our wedding,It would mean the world to me.Mom,I miss you.I miss the old days where you used to tell me you were proud of me.I miss them.Alot.
I Love you,Even if you don't love me.

Em.

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy SILVER, Chardon, Ohio

"One heartbeat."

"Our scars remind us of where we've been; they don't dictate where we're going."
-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

Hey, there fellow TeenInker-person-writer-artistwithwords...? Uh, yeah. I'm, .sigh. Yeah I'm  not that good at this. .frowns. 

Ok, past the awkward/nerdiness! (lol XP) Told'ya I'd check out your stuff! Anyway, I really like the idea/storyline of this. I agree, a little more details, and with that, it oughtta be brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

sunrise_faerie GOLD, Fredericksburg, Virginia

things are only as dark as you make them.
there is always beauty in every situation. look for it and you will see.
smile; sometimes it's all that will keep you from crying.

Great job!!!! I agree that this could be an amazing poem, but this is beautiful as it is! Amazing work : )

Babylufin GOLD said...
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11. Thank you Lord, for this future you've given me.

Awesome idea/storyline. A few spelling errors, though. And I think it would have been better either longer and more detailed, or as a poem...

But I loved the idea, the point. Good job! :)

Please take a look at some of my work?