Prologue- untitled | Teen Ink

Prologue- untitled

July 24, 2010
By _truth GOLD, Prospect, Kentucky
_truth GOLD, Prospect, Kentucky
16 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for what your not..."
"life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take but by the number of moments that take your breath away"


I close my eyes and the images flow back; crashing over me and filling me with dread and guilt. The noise echoing through my head.
I grab my hair and cover my ears trying to make it stop, all of it. Why is it that everything I love and want gets taken from me? I grab it and try to hold on but it always finds a way out, seeping through my fingers right before my very eyes. My head is spinning with the images I can never forget. I hold my head in place to try to stop the spinning. But it doesn't work, it never works. It only hurts and it will always hurt. I think of things I could have done differently, I would have done differently if I had known. But it doesn't change what happened and I known it will never change. The fear and regret will just eat me alive; pealing off a layer of skin because it knows the pain is unbearable. But I let it because its what I get. It's what I deserve.
"What are you afraid of", it laughs in my ear enjoying the torture in my eyes and the burning feeling it brings when I think about it. But I am scared...of today... of tomorrow... and of the past.