You're It | Teen Ink

You're It

July 17, 2010
By Erudite GOLD, Rawalpindi, Other
Erudite GOLD, Rawalpindi, Other
19 articles 0 photos 102 comments

Favorite Quote:
trust your heart
if the seas catch fire
(and live by love
though the stars walk backward)


I ran and ran, going as fast as I could. It was dark, pitch black and terrifying. I heard his footsteps as he ran towards me. Soon I could feel his presence. What was that? It was like I had a sixth sense. I stopped in my tracks trying to figure out this mystery. Then I remembered him. He was faster than me and now he was too close. I ran in fear. Soon we were a safe distance apart. I started to think about that sixth sense. It was probably my intuition. When I thought I slowed down to a jog, giving him the advantage to catch up. He was too close for comfort. I was scared and terrified. He reached out trying to grab me and he almost succeeded, it was a matter of inches. The adrenaline rushed through my veins giving me speed. I ran so fast that it was unbelievable. He exhaled in surprise. The boost of energy suddenly faded and I lost my confidence with it. I could not let him win, this game was the game of my life, and if he caught me it would be over. My life depended on this game. I played a clever, devious move taking a sharp right so quickly and so quietly that he did not even notice. He kept on running forward. I pressed my back against the cold, uneven surface of the wall and slid down into a sitting position. I sighed in relief. It was so quite and breezy in this hallway, that it was enjoyable. His footsteps sounded as if he was closer now, but they were so quiet that I did not even notice them. I heard a low chuckle. I looked up and saw a dark manly figure next to me. I got up and ran away. I was careless and I will have to pay. He was so close that the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. My sweat ran down my face. Drip, drip, drip. I was soon drenched in my perspiration. I tried to out run him, but I could not, so I accepted my defeat. I felt his arms wound around my waist. He chuckled as he pressed his lips to my hair. Then his lips slid down to my ear.
“Your turn.” He said in a husky tone.
Before I knew it he was gone. I ran to find him and catch him. This game of tag will soon end.