There is Beauty in the Breakdown | Teen Ink

There is Beauty in the Breakdown

June 28, 2010
By marisaleighxx GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York
marisaleighxx GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York
14 articles 4 photos 4 comments

Her heart is scared from all the pain and torment he put her through, he said himself he would never go back down that road again, but it was a lie. Now he calls, crying and saying he made a huge mistake. Should she believe him or just live her life? For the past few months now, she’s been searching for answers of how to mend her broken heart and she found the answer within another man who treats her like a queen. So is it really fair of him to call her and say everything has changed and he’s learned the error of his ways?

But it seems as though now she has to pick, ‘The man who destroyed her’ or ‘The man who put her life back together.’ It seems like an easy decision, right? If only that were the case, the pros and cons for each are weighed out evenly and from what she can tell she’s most likely going to make the wrong decision. Either way, he heart may always belong with, ‘The man who once destroyed her.’ and that’s not fair to the other, so she thinks ‘Maybe, I should just give up now.’

Her heart tearing in every which way direction just because of that one call, he’s killing her slowly and she doesn’t even know it, within her heart lie a mass of memories which will always have him on her mind. So congratulations Mr. Wrong, even if you aren’t the one who gets picked to be hers forever you may still always have that unreeling hold on her.